nineteen

••

Throwing her leg across August's waist Summer brought her hand up to his face rubbing his cheek

Throwing her leg across August's waist Summer brought her hand up to his face rubbing his cheek. They hadn't seen each other for a few days due to working and other things so now that they were together she wanted his affection and attention. However, his focus was on his phone and it had been for the past two hours.

"Babe pay attention to me" She whined pecking his lips while hugging his torso "I'm bored"

"Hollon, just a sec" He said.

Typing aggressively on his phone August sighed when Chandra called him before he could even send his message.

"Yeah?" He greeted.

"Don't yeah me boy! I'm not about ta' do this witchu okay? It's Maw Maws 88th birthday and all she asked fa' was ta' see you! You know how sickly she is who knows when she will pass away God forbid! Yes, I kno' you have ya issues with Mrs.Sheila but Maw Maw asks about chu every time I see ha' and she made me promise dat you would come!"

Sucking his teeth August rolled his eyes of course he wanted to see his grandmother. She was like the mother figure he didn't get from his mom but he wasn't ready to have the emotional and hard conversation with Sheila that came with attending.

"Ion kno what ta' tell you Cha..I'a sleep onnit okay?"

"I guess so but let me kno by the morning because me and the girls are leaving around one"

Nodding as if she could see him he spoke again "I will"

The two hung up and August tapped Summers leg so she would slide over. Once she did he stood up and made his way to the bathroom before shutting the door.

He hated this feeling—family is who you're supposed to be closest to but to him it's who he wanted to be farthest from. Turning on the sink he splashed his face with water before using a towel to dry off "I need ta' fucking smoke" he mumbled into the air.

Summer sat on the bed patiently waiting for him but when he didn't return she got up and made her way over there. She didn't know what the conversation August had on the phone entailed but whatever it was it making him distant.

Without knocking on the door she walked into the bathroom where August was leaned up against the wall thinking to himself. Hopping onto the counter Summer crossed her legs and motioned for him to come closer.

"Do you want to talk?" She asked reaching up to touch his hair that was growing by the day.

"I'm good don't worry bout me" He assured her.

Frowning Summer folded her hands together "I don't like seeing you sad babe.."

"I—I'm not sad okay? Just stressed"

Summer nodded but she didn't believe him everyone had a certain look in their eyes when they were sad and he had them. "If you say so Aug..but you know you can tell me anything. It's better then just  holding it in and stressing yourself out even more. I may not know the solution to whatever it is but my opinion might help"