six

After the altercation between Summer, Trevor and Davonte

After the altercation between Summer, Trevor and Davonte. Summer didn't shy away from talking to Trevor, in fact they spent the whole weekend texting and FaceTiming each other.

It was too early to say if she liked him or not but the possibility was there. He was very charming and never mind handsome so any words he said brought butterflies to her stomach.

It was now the following Monday after school and Trevor and Summer were sitting at Chick-fil-a eating some lunch. He wasn't at school today but still met up with her since they hadn't seen each other face to face since Friday

Summer dipped one of her fries in some ketchup tossing it her mouth before speaking "Why weren't you at school today?" She questioned while grabbing a napkin to clean the sauce that landed on her fingers off.

He cleared his throat and took a sip of his water "I had ta' work."

Summer raised an eyebrow "Um do they not know you have school? They shouldn't schedule you around this time."

Trevor chuckled at her obliviousness "How you think I kno' yo cousin?" She shrugged looking at him to continue speaking "I work in the streets ma' ain't no schedule, when I'm needed I'm thea."

Summer bit her lip "You..you sell drugs?"

"That a problem?" He queried taking a bite out of his sandwhich.

"Um.." She gulped she heard stories about drug dealers and how lethal they could be but never encountered one so hearing that Trevor and Davonte were apart of that affiliation took her by surprise but however she understood.

Living in the area he was in there wasn't many options and the easier route to make money was to enable others in their addictions.

"Damn it's like dat?" He chuckled "I ain't no preppy white boy from hollywood but I ain't think you'd care bout whea' I work."

"Trevo—"

"Nah it's cool" He shook his head placing his trash on his tray before standing up "You got a nigga anyway so I'm not pressed, think what you want bout me."

Summer stood up as well grabbing his arm "I lied I don't have a boyfriend..I just—"

"You ain't wanna fuck with a nigga like me?" He said in a satire tone before making his way to throw away his trash outside.

She followed after him grabbing him once again "Jeez Trevor would you stop? I didn't even say anything you didn't give me a chance"

He poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue before turning to look at her "Wassup?"

Summer sighed tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear as the cold breeze hit her face "I don't care how you make your money, and I'm sorry it took me a while to say anything but I'm not judging you. You know I'm not from here so it might take me a few seconds to grasp things you say to me. And I told you I had a boyfriend because  I wasn't looking to talk to anyone like that but I enjoy spending time with you so don't—"