seventeen

••

"Love you lah lady"

Summer felt as if her heart was beating out of her chest when those four words came from August's mouth. She didn't know if he meant what he said in that way but she knew either way she loved him too. She felt his arms wrap around her tighter so she turned around so she was facing him.

He stared at her licking over his lips "I thought chu fell asleep"

"I was about to.."She started "Did you mean what you just said?"

"What?" He questioned running his hand through her hair.

"That you love me" She said softly and waited for a response. A few seconds had then passed and he was still just staring at her so she started to second guess her self "Nevermind that was a dumb quest—"

Before she could finish August's lips were on hers she tried to keep up with him but he was dominating her actions. She placed her palm on the side of his face letting him control this kiss "I fuckin luh you girl" He said between kisses "Ya family and ya mama can think whateva they want bout me' cause I love you not them hea?'"

"I-I love you too" She panted sliding over so she was now straddling his lap.

August placed his hands firmly on her thighs squeezing them every so often. In the position Summer was in she was now controlling the kiss, he hands laid on either side of his head as their lips stayed connected. His hand slowly crept up her ass before he gave it a small squeeze and slap.

"Mm" Summer let out a small whimper giving August enough motivation to flip her over.

At this point they had forgot all about the barbecue that was happening behind her bedroom doors. Their only focus was each other, August had moved his lips from her lips to her jaw then her neck. He sucked in every space imaginable making sure not to leave any hickeys or marks.

Summer kept her breaths low trying not to moan out "August" She whispered as his fingers started to creep up her dress "Aug" She said again just as his fingers ran across the lining of her panties.

"Huh" He muttered finally looking up at her.

Just as she was going to tell him that they should stop someone had knocked on her door. He sighed flipping off of her and she stood up going over to the door. She quickly pulled her dress down and swept her hair back before being met by her Aunt.

"Yes ma'am" She said.

"What y'all up hea' doing when everyone out front" She asked "People are asking about you"

"I'm not in the mood anymore Auntie"She said truthfully "I appreciate everyone for coming out but I'm over it."

"You saw your parents huh?" She sighed and Summer nodded "I was going ta' tell you but when I first invited them they said they weren't going ta' make it so I didn't want to get your hopes up or anything like dat"

"It's okay"

Mrs.Jacklynn then greeted August "How you doing boy"

"I'm fine" He chuckled sitting up on the bed while he scrolled through his phone.

"Okay well Summer if it's not too much to ask just come down for five more minutes"

"Auntieee"

"I know I know just say hi to a few more people and show your face then I'll leave you alone"

Summer agreed and followed her Aunt back to the front of the house. She greeted some more of her family on her moms side that she didn't know besides a few cousins. More people gifted her with presents which she was greatful for because they all seemed to know her taste.