twenty one

••

"Yeah um..there not sure if he's going to make it through the night. His body isn't reacting well due to the blood loss because he had internal bleeding as well. Summer I don't—I'm sorry I just—they said his chance of making it throughout the night is very slim he's on life support."

     Over the course of the past two weeks Summer had been cooped up in August's hospital room refusing to go home until he woke up

     Over the course of the past two weeks Summer had been cooped up in August's hospital room refusing to go home until he woke up. The first night she managed not to fall asleep after hearing the news from Amber that he might not make it and the same for the day after that.

     She started feeling like he was going to be okay when nothing occurred so she spent the nights sleeping by him in the bed. His warmth was the closest thing she had to his liveliness aside from his breathing. The nurse had told her that usually patients in coma would smile or frown and grip someone's hand but August hadn't done any of that but she was still hopeful.

    His family came everyday at different times just to check on him and his progress but of course they had lives, kids, and jobs to tend to so they couldn't be there as much as Summer was. Her parents ended up actually coming as well they had planned to only stay for a day or two but after her father noticed her behavior he refused to go home unlike his wife who left the very next day.

     Summer hadn't been eating or doing the necessary steps to take care of herself. Everyday Amber would bring her a fresh set of clothes to change into after using the hospital shower after giving up on convincing her to go home for at least one night. She hated seeing her best friend in pain and truly felt it was her fault that this all happened.

     If she hadn't of encouraged Summer to press August the way she did they wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place and she thought about that every second of the day.

"Hea' are some clothes I grabbed from ya house, it's always cold in hea so I packed some of August's sweats and hoodies I found... I figured you'a wanna wea' them" Amber said walking into the room before greeting her Dad "I also brought you some food too"

     Summer nodded not bothering to say anything while holding August's hand as she laid beside him with her head on his chest monitoring his breathing. "Well I have ta' go now call me if you need anything" She said giving her a small hug even though it wasn't returned. Although it seemed like Summer was upset with her, she honestly wasn't—She hadn't  been in the mood to talk to anyone besides her Dad "It was nice seeing you Mr.Banks"

"Like wise..thank you for looking after my daughter she's never had a friend like you"

     Amber smiled at the bittersweet comment before leaving quietly and heading to the car where Darrell was waiting on her. He had visited August numerous times but he got tired of seeing him in that state and not improving. It was fucking with him badly, he was trying his best to locate all the people involved because he was tired of fucking around with Storm and his games. It had his name written all over it and he was fed up.