Day 2: Present Mic's Announcement

December 2nd

Yesterday hadn't quite gone as planned. No, nothing bad happened, but Bakugou had been giving Todoroki and Midoriya weird glares. More glares than normal, at least. He evidently had heard their talk on the balcony, and this made Midoriya feel a little squeamish. Was it impossible to get any privacy at UA?

Midoriya was eating his breakfast, pancakes infused with peppermint chips. It tasted a lot better than it sounded. The pancakes were soft and had the perfect golden tint, along with specks of red and white occasionally dotting the center. He only wished that his cooking ability was this excellent.

At Midoriya's side, Todoroki sat with his eyes transfixed on his own pancakes. It was hard to tell if Todoroki was ever lost in thought or not, since he never showed very much expression.

Midoriya laughed. "You're supposed to eat it, not stare at it, silly," he teased.

Todoroki sighed. "Alright." He tore off a piece of the pancake, and slipped it into his mouth. "They kind of taste like toothpaste pancakes to me."

Midoriya shrugged. "Toothpaste doesn't taste that bad. Hey, Todoroki, haven't you ever noticed you kind of look like a peppermint? I mean.. your hair and peppermints have both of the same colors."

"It's certainly not the first time I've heard that one." Todoroki remained stoic as he forked more pancake into his mouth.

Midoriya laughed. "Sorry about that." He heard the clatter of a plate as Uraraka sat on the opposite side of Midoriya. "Hey, Deku! How are you?"

Just as Midoriya was about to respond, Iida came rushing over, frantically and stiffly waving his arm. "Don't treat your plate with such disrespect, Uraraka! These plates have been handed down for so many generations for the pro heroes who have graduated, and they were carefully crafted specifically for us to eat on."

Uraraka gave a cheeky grin. "Sorry, Iida. I'll be more careful next time." It was also clear she didn't care as much as Iida did, because she mindlessly scraped her fork against her plate, creating a piercing squeak.

Jirou gave her an annoyed glare from the other table, and Iida began to scold her even further.

"Sorry Ochako, but you brought that upon yourself," Midoriya teased.

Uraraka stuck her tongue out. "Oh, shh." She angrily forked a bite of pancake into her mouth. Midoriya knew she was trying to look intimidating, but instead, she just looked like an angry baby squirrel. It wasn't very threatening.

Bakugou slammed his plate in between the two of them, which earned an extra round of Iida frantically waving his hands and telling him off. "Shut the fuck up, glasses!" Bakugou snarled, and he turned to Midoriya. "Look, I was just wondering if any of you have seen dumbass hair-for-brains. He owes me three dollars."

Speak of the devil, Kirishima walked in with chocolate pudding smeared all over his lips and licking it off his fingers. He saw Bakugou and immediately started to wave. "Hey, Bakugou!" He flashed his signature toothy grin.

"Do you seriously have any idea how to eat properly? You're such a fucking idiot." Bakugou headed on his own way over towards Kirishima, continuing to shout at him. Kirishima didn't look fazed at all by this, instead laughing and smearing pudding on Bakugou's nose. In only a matter of seconds, explosions were now clouding up around Kirishima.

Uraraka watched this whole scene intently, giggling a little. Her cheeks had warmed up and she was smiling adoringly at them.

'Now what could that be about..?' 

Todoroki scooted his chair out from underneath him to go wash his plate in the sink.

Midoriya caught Todoroki by the wrist. "You can't go yet. They're gonna draw the names for the Secret Santa in a moment."