Day 7: Rhythm

December 7th

For the first time in nearly eleven years, Todoroki slept soundly that night. That would've continued on for the rest of the morning if it weren't for Midoriya's alarm. Todoroki maneuvered to extract Midoriya's phone from his pocket, but did it just quickly enough so that the situation wouldn't look suspicious if Midoriya were to wake up.

He turned the alarm off to let Midoriya sleep in for awhile longer. Once the little 'Plus Ultra' chime had ceased, he tossed the phone to the foot of the bed. He laid back down and situated himself back into the covers and the sleeping Midoriya. There was no use in getting up just yet since they had the opportunity to sleep in. Though, even if Todoroki wanted to sleep, his body wouldn't allow him to. For years and years he had gotten up every morning at 5 AM for training. It was a miracle that he managed to sleep this much to begin with.

Figuring that he was asleep, he looked over Midoriya's face for a moment. He had the urge to run his fingers through his fluffy hair. It was so messy and cute. Todoroki was half-expecting that Midoriya would be smiling, even in his sleep. Midoriya had the power to lighten up every room just from the sheer act of his smile. It could probably be another quirk within itself. Todoroki secretly admired that Midoriya had the strength to do so when things were especially difficult or hopeless. Todoroki wished that he could have that kind of talent. He rarely ever smiled. And at the times in which he did.. it was always around Midoriya. His smile was truly contagious.

It wasn't long until there was pounding at the door. Much to Todoroki's dismay, Midoriya's large emerald eyes fluttered open at the noise. He quietly yawned, and then his freckles became bolded with a dark shade of red as soon as his eyes met Todoroki's.

Cute.

"I can get that, if you'd like," Todoroki offered. Midoriya looked dazed from awakening, and he probably needed a moment to fully get up out of bed.

"Yeah, that would be great," Midoriya murmured, eyes still round. Todoroki didn't know what was wrong with Midoriya, but whenever he seemed to be around, Midoriya's face would redden instantly. Could it be that he had a fever? Or was he just hot because his left side might be tampering with the temperature?

Todoroki climbed out of bed and twisted the door handle. There was All Might, standing right in front of him. He was hunched over as always, and his clothes hung loosely around his body. There was a grin on his face, so Todoroki assumed he was happy about something.

"Hello, young Todoroki," All Might greeted. "What are you two up to this early?"

Todoroki's hair set aflame. Sleeping together, was the answer. Not only that, but without context, it sounded very wrong.

"Studying," he lied. "Would you like to talk to Midoriya?" He didn't want All Might to get suspicious of him using Midoriya's first name, so he chose a different alternative. Though, he supposed that it was already suspicious due to the fact that he just subconsciously used his quirk at a time where it wasn't necessary. 

"I have something private I need to discuss with him. Is it alright if you step outside for a moment?" All Might asked.

Before Todoroki could open his mouth, Midoriya spoke instead. "Oh, it's okay, All Might! He knows about you and my mom," he quickly informed him.

All Might strutted inside and closed the door behind himself. Todoroki watched with amusement as All Might coughed in embarrassment. "You can't let this news get around, Midoriya. The staff already picks on me and that's already more intrusive than I'd like!"

Now sitting up in his bed, Midoriya shook his head. "No. I only told Uraraka, Iida, and Todoroki. I know I can count on them." To further prove his assurance, he directed a wink towards All Might.