Day 19: Snapped

December 19th

Staring out at the doors as Bakugou and Kirishima exited through, Uraraka felt quite heartbroken. She had a right to fear for them becoming a thing, but she didn't know it would be this soon. Seeing them holding hands felt like some sort of mockery because she hadn't given voice to her feelings. She did, with Midoriya, but not in front of Bakugou.

Right now, she just flicked it away like a bug, but she knew her own feeling process.

First, not worrying very much about it.

Second, actually processing it.

Third, experiencing tsunamis of emotion come at her in the blink of an eye.

Fourth was just waiting for those tsunamis to be over, but at times, they could last for days.

She knew she'd be in tears very soon, and the time was ticking. The problem was, she didn't know how long it was until her time would reach its limit and self-destruct.

Normally, she'd go to Deku to talk, but Deku was in no state to council her. That left her with Iida or Tsu. She loved the both of them dearly, but now that she pondered it more, she just wanted to be alone.

The canals in her eyes finally ruptured, sending tears gushing down her face. Her bottom lip trembled as she mustered up everything she had to stop these tears. She hated crying, especially in front of others. She was supposed to be cheerful and light! The positive student of Class 1-A! Besides.. she looked like a baby when she cried. Her face would scrunch, she’d pout, her face would draw curtains of red. That might put her into risk of getting teased.

The first thought that dove into her head was, ‘ Bakugou can't see this ’, but then shot down right in the bullseye with the fact that he was into Kirishima, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Sero found her shivering and tensed, one hand clenching into the railing of the stairs. If her grip were any stronger, her nails might pierce through the metal. Tears were now falling down her neck, meaning she had been crying for awhile.

“Uraraka, are you okay? What's going on?” Sero frowned, and Ashido worriedly joined his side.

“I'm fine,” Uraraka hoarsely murmured.

Ashido reached out to place a hand on her shoulder, but Uraraka wrestled away from it. Sero and Ashido looked blank. That was something very unusual for Uraraka to do.

Mineta smirked across the room at this scene. He must've assumed that Uraraka was on her cycle, and this was the worst time he could've possibly butted in.

Uraraka must've seen this, because her eyes glazed with pure hatred and anger. She was seething with it. Sero and Mina took a couple of cautious steps back, as if she were going to lash out. Was she possessed? This wasn't the Uraraka they knew.

Uraraka wasn't going to throw a tantrum, but karma calls. Now, it was needed more than ever.

The other students scuttled away from Uraraka’s path, as she went clear for Mineta.

To only make matters worse, Mineta whispered, “She finally has her eyes on me! Now's my chance!”

Stomping towards Mineta, Uraraka gripped him by the ear and pulled him upwards. Now they were face to face.

Mineta leaned in for a kiss, as he misread the situation, but was instead greeted with Uraraka slamming him into the ground with as much force as she could. If recorded on camera, Mineta would've probably only been in two frames in total. Uraraka was speedy ever since her internship training.

“This is the last time you insult me, as well as Momo, Tsu, Kyoka, and Toru.” Uraraka seemed deeply hurt, and tears were still snowballing down her cheeks, conjoining with others. “You've done nothing but make us feel like we only mean anything to you because we provide our looks for your viewing pleasure!”

A loud ‘smack’ echoed through the room, and Mineta’s cheek now had a bright red stinging handprint.

“I'm more than that. I'm not a sickeningly sweet person, although I pretend I am. Maybe I should even look at my own feelings for a change, because someone here won't. I'm almost as disgusting as you are for ignoring what I want. I'm not a doormat. I can't be for any longer! ” She stamped a shoe over Mineta’s cheek, pressing him into the floor.

Mineta was now crying like a little toddler, begging for mercy. Uraraka ignored these pleas, knowing it was only a facade. Still.. even if she wasn't sickeningly sweet, she wasn't cruel either. She removed her shoe from Mineta’s face, and that's when she was aware of everyone’s eyes pinned on her back.

“Ochaco? Do you need to talk?” Tsu tenderly asked, once Ochaco turned around. The rest of the students looked stunned, but Momo looked particularly pleased and fond of Ochaco. As a victim of Mineta’s relentless harassment, she needed someone to knock some sense into him.

Uraraka wondered what Deku would think if word spread to him. He was so good-natured and kind-hearted. He'd be so disappointed to hear that she hurt a classmate just out of anger. So be it, then. She was a monster. Going ahead and acting upon personal thoughts. This isn't something a hero would do.

Uraraka’s eyes gushed with even more tears, and she clasped a hand to her mouth like she was going to puke. She wasn't sick, but she felt shame swimming in her gut. No one was supposed to have heard or seen that.

She raced upstairs as fast as her legs could possibly carry her, and slammed the door after her. A couple of the girls protested to unlock the door and talk, but there was no response.

This had turned from merely pining over Bakugou, to maybe getting suspended or expelled. Uraraka started her own physical fight, and she was ready to face up to that responsibility.

Uraraka didn't come out of her room for the rest of the night.