Chapter 3

Ty's POV

We start to walk back home, laughing and telling jokes.

Lee stares blankly at the sky. I wave my blocky hand in front of him. Nothing. Not even a twitch.

"Lee?" Anna says shaking him.

Lee snaps back into reality.

"Lee, are you okay, there? You kind of zoned out," Anna says.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine," Lee stutters.

That was weird. Oh, well. We keep walking and talking. I sigh in content.

"Well, I have to go now, so I guess I'll see you all tomorrow?" I say. Every one needs in agreement.

"We'll meet right here," Endy says. I smile.

"Minecraft," I say, "Log out." "State your ID," I hear. "Deadlox," I say.

"Are you sure you wish to log out?" The system says.

I nod my head, about to answer yes. Then I spot something.

In the water. A green and black piece of metal or something.

"Um, hang on," I say, "Hey, guys, look." I walk over to the object.

Right before I pick it up, I hear Creep yell nervously, "Be careful, Ty!"

I nod my head, not looking back. I pick up the object and study it. I gasp. This is it.

I've thrown this in the water over six months ago. I thought I'd never see it again.

My headset. And it still works! I forgot it was waterproof.

I can still see my name engraved on the side of it. Should I wear this?

When I threw this away, I said that I wasn't Deadlox anymore. I smile. Well that's about to change.

"I am Deadlox, and I have always been," I whisper as I place my headset over my head.

"Always."

Always.

~~~~~

I walk back over to the group, smiling from ear to ear.

"I found my headset!!" I exclaim.

"When did you lose it?" Peggy asks.

"Oh, that was when you and Anna were trapped in the void and the team broke up. I kind of sort of three my headset into the ocean and said that I wasn't Deadlox, no big deal," I laugh nervously.

Peggy's eyes grow wide.

"YOU WHAT?!" she screams, making me wince.

"I'm sorry," she says and I nod and smile.

I notice Peggy looking over my shoulder at something. I wave my hand in front of her eyes.

She steps forward slightly and whispers, "What is that?"

~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hey! I will be posting the updating schedule for this book momentarily, so be sure to look at my profile page right after you read this! Peggy out!