Chapter 29

Epilogue will be out tomorrow.

Song: Let It Burn

By: RED

Epilogue: Lee's POV

June 25th, 2:38pm

I cough as I open my eyes. I notice a giant pile of bedrock trying to crush me.

I slowly roll out from under the bedrock. I look at my once injured leg, finding it healed from the potion. The potion must've also protected me from suffocating. I'm alive. But is everyone else alive?

"Hello?" I call out.

Not a single answer. Maybe they all ran to main Minecraftia. Yeah.

I start to run to the city. I enter main Minecraftia, or what used to be of it. My vision. It was correct. Minecaftia, in ruins. The orbs are gone. They've done all they could.

I see handfuls of survivors, people that decided not to flee when we told them about my vision.

The once beautiful city is now in ruins. Pieces of buildings and homes lay around the road. Abandoned cars and broken windows. Crumpled up litter. What's left of a fountain, now destroyed. The city slowly burning down from little fires. People are trying to put out the fires.

Will we all just burn with the fire? My dreams, just like ashes, float away into the sky. How long can I stand the pain? Should I just walk away? Should I continue to fight. But fight what? I'm afraid.

This can't be happening. It can't.

"Why? Why is this happening? Did the team survive?" I whisper to myself as I walk around the rubble.

The statues the people built in our honor, the Chosen Ones, are destroyed.

I yell out one sentence, everyone staring at me as I collapse to my knees and sob afterwards.

"Are you alive?"