Chapter 15

Squid's POV

June 18th

I helplessly watch as Lee falls out of consciousness.

He was looking for me? I should go back. First I should help Lee. Then I'll go back. I've had enough time to think. I rest my hand on Lee's chest. He's not in the void, so I can't free him from there. He's not possessed, either.

I frantically look around my surroundings to find anything that can help Lee.

Wait. I have iron. The woods are full of trees. Trees can become wood. There's a small lake here.

I quickly punch some trees, turning it into wood. I make a crafting table and set down. I use my iron ingots to make a bucket. I run over to the lake and fill my bucket with water.

I rush back over to Lee and dump the freezing liquid over his head. Lee wakes up, startled.

"Hey!" he yells at me. Smiling, I stoop down to his level and embrace him in a hug. "You're awake!" I exclaim to him. Lee nods.

I help him stand up; he wobbles a little bit, but soon becomes stable. "Can you make it back home?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"Well, I'm a bit weak, too, from lack of food, so I can't carry or help you home. Can you fly?" I say. Lee sighs, frustrated.

"I forgot I had the power to fly," he says and chuckles. I laugh, too.

Lee's eyes and paws turn blue as he hovers in the air, smiling.

"I'm still too weak. I'll just be able to make it home. I can't fly you home," he says.

"It's okay. I can borrow your power and fly home. Come on, let's eat first," I say.

Lee flies back to the ground and takes off his backpack. He takes out ten steaks and gives half to me.

~~~~~

After about ten minutes of eating and talking, we decide to head back home.

I borrow Lee's power and we start to hover above the ground. I'm coming home.