Chapter 4

Peggy's POV

"Guys, I see something," I observe.

"What? What is it?" Squid asks.

I nervously glance over at the thing in the distance.

"We'll be right back," I tell the team.

I hear them protesting but I ignore it. I look over to Ty and he nods. He grabs my hand and teleports us to the object. Ty looks at it and gasps.

"What?" he breathes.

The object. It's purple. Is it some kind of orb? A whisp? I don't know. I reach out to touch it, but Ty pulls me back.

"No!" Ty screams. "You have no idea what that is! Do you want to kill yourself?!" he yells.

I look up at Ty and whisper one thing that started this all.

"Trust me."

Ty sighs and finally nods, letting go of my arm.

I touch the purple beam of light. It does nothing. Is it scared? Confused? Shy? Is it even alive? I pull back.

"You see, it's fine," I say. I suddenly hear a whisper.

"What's left of us." I gasp. "Did you hear that?" I ask Ty. He nods, his eyes wide.

"What's...." It trails off. "Left," it says, "Is coming."

It's the purple beam of light. It was.... talking.... to us. What?! Since when could lights ever talk?! Well, this is Minecraft. Anything is possible.

"What do you think it means?" I ask.

"I-I don't know," Ty stutters.

"But, we should leave. In case something bad happens," I say.

Ty frantically nods as we teleport back to the team.

"Where were you?! We were so worried!" Squid exclaims.

"Relax, Squid. We were just checking something out. No big deal," I calmly explain.

And I believed myself. Boy, was I wrong. It was a huge deal. One of the biggest deals of our lives.