1:The beginning

Lit candles and fresh scents adorned the air. Stars so bright they illuminated the night sky in a transcendent glow. A setting incredibly ideal for meditating and praying.

This night seemed so perfect considering the chaos the past week was. This had to be done. Eyes closed she knelt down. She was about to take a gigantic step in her life. A long term commitment. She needed surety this would not be a mistake. Her own engagement ceremony was in less than fourteen hours.

She needed the guidance from a higher power. Her fiance had assured her he had changed for the better when she caught him with yet another woman months ago. She wanted to trust him and work through problems he pointed out they had.

She decided to go and talk to him about her misgivings. She went to the house they shared. The lights were a little dimmed but still soft music floated in the background.

After knocking with no answer she let herself in, it was her house as well after all. As she got into the corridor she noticed the female scent that strongly engulfed her nostrils almost drowning her. Then the voices of her fiancé and a female companion. She made straight to the bedroom where the voices were coming from. She pushed the door and saw her man with the same woman from last time.

"What the hell Malawi?! Don't you knock?" Dali,her fiancé spat.

"What is this? What is going on?"

"What does it look like?She is servicing me in the ways you can't."

"You said you wouldn't do this anymore. We're getting engaged for crying out loud!"

"About that,i need a woman who gets me better,who will make an impression of a good woman on my political friends. Who does as I say and not talk back like you. I need someone as mature as me and you're just not it, Sawa is. If you want you can join in otherwise get out, my lovely."

The other woman snickered at her. She wanted to disappear into thin air. She felt her ribs compressing her lungs. The stinging tears in her eyes as she tried to wish this away by closing her eyes.

Right in front of her it all was. The tears now flowed. How could she have been so stupid? She had given this man every little bit of herself even parts she deemed sacred. So many chances for him to change.She felt a fool.

She looked between them.

"Thanks."She said in defeat and let herself out of the bedroom and out of the house.

How could she face her family let alone the world after being made a fool of. She was a very smart woman a long time ago. But like a fool she was,she let someone who did not give a care about her at all define her.

She did what she had never done before in her life and never thought she would. She left everything and everyone behind. She would forget it all,she wanted the Malawi people knew and trampled over gone.