17:Dare not

Ryan's pov

The fear of hurting someone you love deeply is way greater than that of being hurt. You never want to be the reason for their tears and pain. No matter how much you have to sacrifice.

Ever since I got back here, I was afraid of Mal bumping into that snake Tamara. I knew Mal could stand her ground against her but she was too stressed now to do that. Tamara would say and do anything to cause trouble in my life. And that was why under no circumstances was she allowed to step into my workplace or new home.

Lionel had come to tell us he was going back to Malawi to sort out the case and would be back soon as he could. Mal was so sad about it but she understood.

Going into work the next day, was hard. I left Mal at the house with her Aunt. She had kept delaying me with her lips which were too addicting might I add. That girl was going to be the death of me. She did not talk about the incident at the hospital, I guess she was not ready.

My phone started vibrating startling me. It was my mother.

"Hello Mother."

"My boy, how are you? How is Mal?"

My mother and I were close, not that I was mama's boy or anything. We had a normal mother-son bond. I had already told her and father about Mal. They were glad I had found someone who made me happy.

"We're alright Mother."

"Since you insist she is not ready to travel over here, your Father and I will be there tomorrow to meet her!"

"Mother! No. I have to talk to her first if she is okay with it."

"Nonsense, she will be thrilled."

Before I could argue more she said goodbyes and hang up.

This woman was something.

Soon as I finished the call I heard arguing outside.

"Miss you can not go in there!"

My assistant was yelling. I got up from the chair and opened the door.

"Who are you to tell me where I can not go?"

It was that snake Tamara. What was she doing here? I signalled for my assistant to call security.

"What are you doing here Tammy?"

"Ryan! I missed you! I had to see you!"

She said putting her hands around my neck, hugging me. I pried her hands off of me.

"Did I not tell you to stay away from me?"

"I just needed to see you."

"No, get out. Do not come near me."

I saw security guys come in and I told them to escort her out.

"You will regret treating me like this Ryan! Get your hands off me you pig!"

She shouted while being led away. I sternly told the security guys to never allow her into the building.

Soon it was lunch hour and I had promised Mal I would come home for lunch.

*******************

Lunch was all ready when I got home and I had half an hour to get back to work. I sat on the lounge with Mal on my lap talking.

"So my parents are coming over tomorrow to meet you..."
I said and she sat up with eyes wide looking at me. " I swear my love, I told them you weren't ready for that but Mother just..."

She shut me up by kissing me.

" I would love to meet your parents."

She said and I was ecstatic. Soon I left for work. I was halfway to the office when I realized I had left my home at home. I swerved the car and headed back. As I got near I noticed a car. Who could be at my house now?

I parked the car and got out. Then I heard a familiar voice.
" Who the hell are you?"
Tamara!!!

I sped into the house.

" Hey Ry, you forgot your phone. It's been ringing like crazy."

Mal said handing me the phone.

"Thank you my love." I said kissing her forehead.

"My love?! This is what you have me replaced with Ryan?! A damn foreigner with a damn accent?"

Mal snapped her head up so fast I thought she hurt herself. She turned to Tamara then looked at me. She must have it figured. A little hurt flashed in her eyes then anger came up. She started taking deep breaths.

" Don't you really get it when someone tells you to stay away?"

"Oh please Ryan! Really?! Her?!"

Mal just chuckled and sat down.

"What seems so funny you whore?"

Mal sat up and went straight to where Tammy stood.

" What's with people here and foreigners?! I'm in the house you're the one who followed, which one is the whore?!"

Tammy was dumbfounded. At that I dragged her out.

"You're even stalking me? Stay away from me!"

She got into the car and drove off. I went back into the house. Mal was seated at the couch.

I knelt down in front of her.
"Mal, I'm so sorry I didn't know she would follow me here."

She held my hands and brought my face closer to hers. She kissed me.

"Let me guess, that was Tamara?"

"Yes. She came to my office this morning."

She just laughed and kept kissing me. I called my assistant to tell him I will be late.

"So what did you mean when you said something about foreigners."

She looked down and said nothing.
I kept insisting.
Then she told me about what the nurse at the hospital had said. I got so mad.

" Mal, I want you to know that it doesn't matter to me, I love you just the way you are. "

" I know."

She said calmly. She asked me what my Mother would like for dinner I told her and she hailed me off to work.

I was a little pissed off at what people in our country did at times. Just because one foreigner or black man did something bad, does not mean everyone is like that. Being bad does not go with race,gender or place of origin. It is this kind of thinking that's increasing senseless violence in the world. We need to do better and teach our children to love unconditionally.
Maybe so we can make a better world.

A/N
This is for all who have to leave something or someone behind or let go even though they love so deeply. To infinity and beyond.

Ryan pic in media!
Much love,
Mo