19:Let love grow

Ryan

For many of us, we walk through life looking for something either knowingly or not. When we find it our heart and soul feels the satisfaction and there is no going back.

Weeks after Mal started seeing the therapist she seemed way better now. The first week she needed me there then she went in by herself.
She had improved greatly, the nightmares became less and less. I was so proud of her.

I had been on the lookout for Tamara in case she tried to come close again. That woman was too unpredictable to be taken lightly.

The company had gotten a very big merger with a certain organisation . They were encouraging sanitary water for everyone. I jumped at the chance to pitch in the place in Malawi, providing them with very cheap and clean water. Mal was so ecstatic to hear that she had a very proud smile plastered on her face all week.

I had also started making plans on how to propose to her. Yes I mean ask her to marry me. I wanted her here with me at all times. Her 6 months visa was coming to an end and she seemed not to want to renew it. That meant she wanted to go back to Malawi.

I would not let it happen. As much as it was Mal's home, she belonged here with me. I had called her aunt to be present at the dinner I was planning. She had left for Malawi four weeks prior to sort out the court case with Lionel.

Call me selfish but I was not gonna lose Mal over things I could control. So I went to the immigration offices and renewed her visa for six more months with written documents from her therapist.

********************

I called Lionel to tell him about my plans to marry Mal. I wanted her best friend to approve of it. Not that I needed it.

"I like you man, and it seems you really care about Mal. She seems happy with you. And I can't say I'm not a little jealous that it's you putting that smile on her face and the energy because I am." Lionel said.

"So what are you saying?!"

" Are you that dumb? It's her choice and I will support you guys."

"Thanks man..."

"Not so fast young man, if you hurt her even a little....."

"You will what?"

"Nah, I'm just gonna keep you guessing. But seriously don't. If you're not up for it then don't start it. You will have to be her husband 24/7."

"Lionel, I love her."

"Show her that everyday every chance."

We talked some more about Dali's case and how he was fairing. Lionel had agreed to fly over with Aunt Maya to the USA for the dinner.

I went to my office and found a file on my desk. I thought it was just work so I opened it.

There were series of photographs of Mal, outside the house, in the car. Some with me and some with her therapist and some with Lisa the nurse.

My phone vibrated. I checked and it was a new number calling me. No caller ID. I picked it and hit record immediately.

"Hello?"

"She looks so happy doesn't she?"

"Tamara? What are you doing?"

"What if that smile were to be wiped off her stupid face Ryan?"

"If you hurt Mal, I will hunt you down myself...."

"Aww,so protective. What does she have that I can't come close to?"

"Tamara!!"

Then the line went dead. She cut me off.

I started panicking. I called Mal and she was not picking her phone. I panicked even more. So I called her again while my secretary was calling the house. Mal picked at the fourth ring.

"Baby do me a favor, lock all the doors . And you all have to stay in till I'm home okay."

"Ry, you're scaring me. What's wrong?"

"Nothing my love. I will see you soon."

I told my secretary to reschedule all my meetings till next day and sped out of the office.

If Tammy hurt Mal, it would be my fault and I could not live with that. I checked my glove compartment for the gun I had purchased few weeks ago after some thugs tried to jump me in the parking lot.

Mal had better be okay.

I run about three red lights and luckily no traffic police stopped me. I would be in a lot of trouble.

I got to the house and saw a strange car in the driveway. I took a picture of the number plate and sent it to a friend of mine in security to check it out.

As I was slowly approaching the front door I heard glass shattering and a scream that sounded like Mal. My heart jumped out of my chest and I ran up into the house.

At that moment I had made up my mind that I would kill whoever had hurt my girl. The woman who made me want to do better. The adrenaline rushing through me was so nauseating I must have looked like I had murder written over my face.

A/N
Hey there I'm still here. Got too busy again. We are approaching the end so be ready.
Love MO.