9:Queen of hearts

Ryan
Is there a thing called an aura around a person? It is like sensing someone's intentions or emotions. I always felt I had it, especially when I paid a lot of attention.

I had a gut feeling if you may call it about Mal's lawyer having bad intentions so when she told me we needed to find another lawyer immediately, I did not even have to ask what happened. Mal looked pissed off yet calm and confident.

"I have a friend who is in Botswana now,he is a lawyer."

"Botswana?! Ry, this is Malawi. We have different constitutions."
"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he has experience here too."

After a few moments of convincing,Mal gave in so I called him.

"Hello,Lionel speaking."
"Hello my man, it's Ryan."

"Ryan Bronx? Why are you calling me from a Malawian number? You're still there?"

"Yes,yes and yes."

"Wow. You must really like it there."

"I do.... Listen I need your law expertise on something."

"What happened? Are you in jail?"

"No. But I can't talk over the phone."

"You want me to come there?!..... Must be very serious."

"Yes it is."

"Alight. I had plans on being there anyway. An old friend of mine is in trouble too. How soon?"

"Like now."

"Damn! Okay. See you in 10 hours."

I had met Lionel in the US three years prior in a train station. He was sightseeing with a president's son he was friends with. They were chatting in a mix of Chichewa and English which caught my attention. Out of curiosity I had approached them and made friends.

He was the one who had told me about the lodge in Malawi when I told him I needed a break.

I told Mal he would be there the next day and bid her good night. It was a good thing I had paid for the room at the lodge for a whole month. Mal's aunt insisted I sleep in their house.

Around 6 A.M, I got a call from Lionel asking to be picked up at the airport. I told Aunt Maya I was going to pick up someone and left.

I started briefing him about the case. He interrupted me halfway through.

"Wait, you're talking about Malawi Gama?!"
"Yes..."
"Damn! She is the friend I told you was in trouble. What a small world!"
"How do you know her?"

"She is a childhood friend. Wow! I don't blame you for falling for her."

"What makes you say that?"

"The way you talk about her man, it's so obvious..... She has that effect on people who take time to see her for her. We used to call her the Queen of hearts."

I could not argue with that, I had been drawn to her so easily. From the way he said it, she had that effect on him too.

We continued talking about James and the case till we got to Mal's house. Her aunt was in the kitchen and she immediately recognized Lionel and joked about his childhood. Mal was not up yet so we settled in the living room waiting.

About a few minutes later she came down.

"Why are you guys making noise this early?"

"Oh,Hello La-la."

Mal snapped her eyes up and saw Lionel. Confusion and gladness crossed her face.

"Lion?!!!!"

AN
Introducing Lionel. How do you think the case will go? Ideas are welcome.
Much love,
Mo