5:Cold

Ryan's P.O.V

Have you ever had that strange connection with someone you've known for a short while that when they hurt you feel like turning yourself into morphine just to ease the pain. You want to become some kind of superhero with superpowers just to fix them up so bad. That was how I felt like after Mall shut the door to my face.

I stood there for a while till I heard the shower running. I wanted to hold her close to me to assure her things will be okay. I had a feeling I could just make her angry more though so I left. I wanted to know about this story about the politician now.

I went to the reception and got the newspaper. The picture they painted of Mal made me so angry. There's no way that was the beautiful, nice lady I met.

I got up to the manager's office whom I had befriended earlier.

"Good afternoon Mr Ryan? What can I do for you?"

"Nothing Mr Banda,i just wanted to see you my friend."

"How are you enjoying your stay here?"

"This place is amazing. Though I have to ask,do all your politicians ruin women's reputation?"

"Ooh. You're talking about the runaway bride story.... I wouldn't say the lady is at fault though."

"Why not?"

"Between you and me, I'm glad she did."

"You know the guy."

"No much. But my brother manages another lodge in the northern part of the country he has seen him multiple times there."

"Doing what?"

"Misbehaving with different women. The guy has a huge ego."

"So why is he ruining her all over the country?"

"His ego has been bruised. I think he didn't expect her to really leave him. And people would support a brokenhearted man. See where it's going?"

I nodded. I was even angrier after that. No wonder she came here where people came to hide. To rest. Now I understood why she kept the scarf and sunglasses on when we went out.

I went looking for her in her room that evening but she wasn't there. I decided to go to the lodge's club for some music and to cool down.

After I sat down and ordered a drink I heard someone asking for a dance. He must have been denied because he went on insisting. Then I heard the lady say loudly she was waiting for someone. That voice sounded too much like Mal. I turned around and saw her,the guy was still asking for a dance.

No one gets to dance with her but me.
I got real pissed off and marched towards them.

"Hie baby, been waiting too long?" I said snaking my arm through her waist.

She looked at me with some kind of coldness that quickly went away. I expected her to brush me off but she put both her arms around my neck and pulled me close.

"Where were you Ry? Been waiting all day!"

Wow,she just called me Ry. I felt like a teenager over again. Then as she came close I noticed she was drunk.

She looked at me then. Staring at each other then our lips met. I tasted the wine on her and some kind of mint and berries. She broke off kiss.

"Get us out of here my knight." She said against my lips.

Who was I to deny this woman's demand? I helped her walk out with me.

"Ry, I'm cold."

I gave her my jacket.

"No Ryan,my heart is cold.."

I felt so broken at that. I hugged her tightly then picked her up bridal style.
As soon as I walked a few steps,she was peacefully asleep in my arms. How could anyone hurt this angel so much.

A/N
Please make me smile by clicking that star at the bottom of your screen.
Remember you're free to provide cast.
♥ y'all.