18:Golden

Mal

Ever had something go so well you had to pinch yourself to believe you are not dreaming? It is an entirely awesome new thing you have to be grateful for.

The dinner with Ryan's parents went so well that I could not stop smiling. His mum kept telling me all about his mischievous teenage years.

"Mother please....." Ryan would say but that seemed to just encourage her even more.

"Mal dear, I understand you lost both parents,how did that happen? If you don't mind me asking." His father asked.

"The died in a car accident on their way home when I was twenty. They were coming from a business trip here."

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear."

We went on talking about nothing and everything in particular. Then Ryan and his dad went off to his office to talk about a new business plan. That left me and his mom. We talked a lot.

"My dear Mal, come sit closer."

"What is it Mrs Bronx?"

"Don't worry. It's just, I know you've been through so much, I can see it in your eyes. I also see that you're very fond of my son. I know he loves you very much. I'm not saying relationships are easy, they are not. But what you two have is golden. Don't give up on this love. You will get through everything together. And when you want to talk, just call me okay?"

I wanted to cry out loud but tears just came out of my eyes and she hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Thanks Mrs Bronx."

"Please call me mother or Victoria."

She then went on to tell me about how she met Ryan's father and fell in love. It was fun.

Soon they had to leave.

Ryan and I were left to ourselves.

"I'm sorry they are a handful Mal."

"What?! No. I love your parents, especially your mum."

Ryan smiled widely hugging me and peppering kisses all over my face.
I laughed.

Now, tell me how you were Batman and almost took out your cousin's ear."

"God! They shouldn't have told you that. Nick reminds me every time we meet."

I laughed.

Soon I was too tired and fell asleep watching a movie with Ryan.

***********************

I could not move. Why could I not move? I tried to scream but there was a gag in my mouth. I panicked.
Right next to me were Ryan's parents all bloody and dead.

A hand reached out to me. I turned it was Ryan. He was choking on his own blood. Oh Lord why? Please not you too. Please.

Someone came into view and pressed a knife to my throat.

"Now you can be happy forever."

The voice said and the sharp knife slit my throat.

"Mal, babe please wake up!"

Someone was saying and shaking me. I knew that voice . I opened my eyes. Ryan.

"You're here?"

"I'm here my love, it was just a bad dream. I'm here. You're safe."

I was sweaty and teary, my heart was oddly racing. What a terrible very real dream that was! Maybe I did need to see a shrink after all.

It took a long while before I fell back asleep in Ryan's arms.

I woke up in the morning with light shining in my eyes. Ryan was next to me peacefully sleeping. I decided not to wake him and go make breakfast.

When Kara came in, she was surprised I had already made breakfast and was setting the bed.

"Is everything okay Miss Mal?"

"Yes Kara,everything is fine. I just run out of sleep I guess."

"Oh. Okay. The breakfast looks really good."

"You can have some."

"No I wouldn't Miss, not when Mr Bronx hasn't had his yet."

"Nonsense, dig in. I will go wake him up."

Before I did I saw him come down the stairs in sweatpants, his hair a little wet abs showing. Oh Gosh why do some people have to be too hot in the morning.

"What smells so good in here?"

He asked while wrapping his arms around me. He kissed me his lips minty with toothpaste.

"Good morning my love."

"Good morning. Your hair is still wet."

"Yeah yeah. I'm starving. Oh good morning Kara."

" Good morning Mr Ryan."

He dug into the breakfast and his eyes went so wide as he swallowed.

"Oh Lord this is really amazing! Mal!"
He got up and lifted me up.

"How do you know I made this?"

" I woke up and you weren't in bed so I got down here and saw you cooking."

"Sneaky!" I said laughing.
I rushed him to go and get ready for work.

"It's amazing you know Miss Mal."

"What?"

"The love between you two. He looks happier than he was before he left. He was really broken but somehow you seemed to have made him whole and anew with no evidence of pain at all."

I felt myself blushing.
We laughed a little and I left Kara to do her work and went upstairs.

Ryan was busy shifting his tie around. He looked so cute and hot at the same time. I came up behind him and around helping him with the tie. He kissed me after it was done.

" If it was up to me I'd stay here and kiss you the whole day love."

"I know but you have to go to work."

He kissed me some more then headed out. Two seconds later he came back

"Hey, I love you."

"I love you."

He left smiling.
He had asked me once a week ago why I said " I love you" and not" I love you too". It was simple. When you say I love you too it seems like you're obliged to say so and not that you really do.

He had grinned widely and said I had a beautiful mind.

I really loved him. I wanted to show him that everyday, and to do that I had to get better completely. I wanted to put it the effort so I did what I never thought I could.

******

A/N
My head went spinning a little.
Love y'all.
Mo❤