Finale

Callie's POV:
Sheldon lifted the truck out of the arena, back up into the dark gloomy scene of Cephalon HQ.
Though I'd spent so much time here, Octavio never showed me this part of Octo Canyon.
I hadn't seen much of Octo Canyon at all apart from town and Octavio's castle.
I didn't have to be locked up in there any longer.
As we flew away from the mirky purple ink pool towards the mountains and waterfalls in the distance, I couldn't help myself.
I crouched down and cried into my knees, trying to sob every last bit of guilt out of me.
Marie noticed this and crouched down to, he held me tight. She began to cry to.
"I'm so sorry Marie! I shouldn't have believed him stupid lies! I shouldn't have gotten myself squidnapped in the first place!!"
Marie patted my back. "It's not your fault Cal, none of this is. It's Octavio's. And I shouldn't have left you in inkopolis alone! Maybe then you wouldn't have been taken!"

Being with Marie again, made me feel warm, feel safe. I could finally go home. I didn't have to be a 'princess' to the Octarians anymore.
The truck pulled up outside Cuttlefish Cabin. It was still totally trashed from when Ozzy broke me out of there.
Ozzy...

I'm going to miss him, a lot actually. He was so comforting to be around and I knew he really didn't want to do all these awful things.
The fact that I'll probably never see him again hurt me.

Marie jumped off the truck, then gave me a hand to get down to. I glanced over to the drain that led to Inkopolis.
My home.
Home, I'm finally going home. I'll finally be back we're I belong.
I ran into the drain, Marie ran after me, jumping in as well.
I spawned in Inkpolis Square. Before I was captured, I heard on the news this place was getting popular. I'd never been able to come here before but man, it was fresh.
New gear, weapons, hair styles. The squids here were fresh as hell!
"Let's go home Cal." Marie said to me softly, we held hands and walked towards our apartment together.

On the way, I saw a few squids faces light up.
"Callie! Callie's back!"
"Callie your safe!"
"Holy carp Callie, your home!"
Everyone was so happy to see me back, everyone was worried, and missed me.
The complete opposite to what Octavio had told me.

If I've learn't anything, cherish your friends, your loved ones. Hold on to any memories of them you can, don't ever forget them. But more importantly, cherish your home. You never know when it will be taken away from you.
For the past few months, I've believed I'm unwanted by every inkling under the sun. I've believed my family hates me, abused me, left me. When really, everyone loves me and cares about me.
I'll never let myself forget that again.

The end!