Day 1

It was the first day of senior year and people were arriving at school, flooding in through the large iron gates. Virgil and Roman had arrived early that day in order to avoid getting lost in the large crowd of students. Standing by their lockers, leaning against them, Virgil and Roman were looking over their class schedules together.

"We're barely going to see each other!" Virgil stated sadly.

Roman nodded, frowning, before opening his mouth to speak.

"At least we'll have geography together..."

Virgil smiled and opened up his locker so he could grab what he needed for his first class, chemistry. As this was happening, Patton and Logan were sat on a bench in the courtyard. They were looking over their schedules together as well.

"I can't believe we are in all the same classes!" Patton said excitedly.

Logan smiled, which for him wasn't a regular thing.

"Accurate, but there is an infinitesimal chance that we may not be seated together!" he remarked matter-of-factly.

Patton, although a little confused by the way his friend had phrased it, giggled. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, the two friends made their way into the school building. They went over to their lockers, which were directly opposite each other's, and took out their chemistry books before they then headed to class together, chatting as they went, and sat down just as the bell began to ring. Virgil pushed himself off of his locker and headed to first period.

"See you later!" he shouted back to Roman.

He walked into the classroom a few minutes late and let out a small sigh of relief as he realised that the teacher hadn't arrived yet. Standing at the front of the classroom, Virgil's eyes scanned the room and he spotted an empty seat, it was next to Patton. He took a deep breath and walked over. He sat down and didn't say anything. 

-This is going to be awkward- Virgil thought to himself.

After what seemed like hours, the bell sounded and he immediately stood and ran to his second class. All the students sat down, Virgil as far from Patton as he could get.

"Can you stand around the edges of the room?" asked the teacher, he sounded nice and welcoming.

"I have assigned your seats this year"

Mumbling and small groans could be heard from the students as they stood around the room and, one by one, were given their seat assignments. Finally, the teacher started to read out the seating arrangements for the back row.

"Patton and... Virgil" he said before assigning the last two seats.

Virgil sighed and went over to his seat. He wanted to smile about the situation, but also wanted people to think he was unhappy with the arrangement. As the 'popular kid', he wasn't supposed to enjoy sitting next to the likes of Patton. Virgil sat, deep in thought as he rested his head in his hands, suddenly the bell sounded and he left the classroom.