He Can't Find Out

The rest of the week was the same with classes and sitting together at breaks and lunches. It was Sunday morning and Virgil was sitting with Patton on the small couch that was in Patton's bedroom. They were watching a film, Beauty and the Beast, and seemed to be enjoying it and each other's company. Patton shuffled around to get comfortable, causing his hand to brush against Virgil's. Patton and Virgil looked at each other and smiled, both feeling warm at the contact. Virgil then looked away from him, he didn't like to feel or want to feel vulnerable.

"What's wrong?" Patton asked.

Virgil didn't reply, instead he continued facing away from him. Patton turned so that he was properly facing Virgil and repeated his question.

"Virgil... talk to me, what's wrong?"

Again, he didn't respond. Patton placed his hand under Virgil's chin and turned his head so that they were looking directly into each other's eyes.

"What is wrong?" Patton questioned a third time, getting more worried for his crush by the second.

"I c-can't tell you..." Virgil responded quietly, shaking his head.

"It's something I can deal with, I have been for a long time."

Patton didn't look convinced, having liked Virgil since he'd first set eyes on him, he knew what he was like. Whenever he got upset or embarrassed or nervous, he'd shut himself off and try to isolate himself from everyone and everything. Patton had witnessed it from afar before they had become friends and now he was witnessing it first hand. He knew that something was wrong, no matter how many times Virgil tried to deny it.

"Don't lie... let me try to help you." Patton said, the concern and worry in his voice clear as day.

"What if you can't?" Virgil questioned, scared that if he did open up, Patton wouldn't return his feelings and it would have been pointless.

"At least let me try." he replied lovingly.