Awkward Questions And Homework

It was Monday morning, Patton and Virgil were walking to school together. Virgil was continuing to stay at Patton's, because he wanted Virgil to be safe and to stay away from his father. His parents were never home, so it was okay for Virgil to stay there.

"I wish we had at least one class together today!" Virgil admitted.

"It's fine... I'll see you at break and lunch!"

Virgil nodded but still felt sad that he wouldn't have Patton to talk to during classes. Not much happened at break, they were all either doing their homework or playing on their phones. At lunch they were engaging in conversation with each other, it was mostly Roman talking about Disney or Logan correcting something he'd said. Virgil was just listening quietly and Patton was drawing and attempting to hide the fact he was bad at art from his friends. 

"Oh, Virgil. I've been meaning to ask something..." Roman stated, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Shoot!"

"What happened to your face?"

"It doesn't matter anymore... I've dealt with it." Virgil replied, glancing at Patton.

Roman shrugged off the bland answer and decided not to push it and annoy Virgil. The boy in question took a deep breath, happy to have avoided Roman's query and pulled his hood up to hide his face. The bell rang and Virgil immediately stood and left. After school, Patton and Virgil walked home together. 

*Time Skip*

They were laying side by side on the bed and Patton was helping Virgil with their math homework. Patton was explaining how to do it but Virgil was distracted. Unbeknownst to Patton, he kept glancing at and letting his gaze linger on him for a few seconds longer than he should've done. Patton looked over at Virgil to check he was keeping up and their eyes met. He turned away blushing, which caused Patton to giggle. Once the two had composed themselves, they continued to work and not long after, they were done.