Serena

How very wrong Ivan was. Laxus took an immediate liking to Acnologia and Gildarts. Whenever Laxus was down, it was Gildarts who made him smile. Whenever he was made fun of by other kids, or his father called him weak, it was Acnologia who made him feel mighty. Laxus loved everyone, he was a sweet kid and because of that was loved by all. 

Ivan grew spiteful of the love centered around his son and began to hate even Laxus. Laxus was sickly, would have lung attacks, and was never good at sports, but he was always a joyful spirit. Acnologia loved the child; Laxus was a child who would rarely cry and when he did, he did so for good reason. He always tried to prove himself and was trying to be better, qualities that Acnologia could appreciate. Acnologia watched Laxus ride in the Fantasia Parade holding up his hand in a gesture that would become Fairy Tail's trademark. He'd never admit it but his eyes almost watered... almost... BUT THEY DIDN'T!

Then one afternoon there was a knock at Acnologia's door. Acnologia lived in a two-roomed apartment, nothing special or luxurious, but Acnologia spent most of his time in the guild or on jobs anyway. 

Acnologia pushed himself off from the couch where he had been reading and opened the door. There was a soldier from the Magic Council.

"Mr. Acnologia?" the soldier asked.

"It wasn't me," Acnologia growled slamming the door in the guard's face.

He walked back to the couch and had almost sat down when the guard knocked again. Acnologia growled, opened the door and stared at the guard.

"Sir, I'm here regarding an urgent matter," the soldier began again.

"The destruction was not my fault, go after Gildarts," Acnologia growled again slamming the door. As soon as it shut the soldier knocked again.

  "I'm this close to committing murder" Acnologia growled opening the door and showing the soldier the small gap between his fingers. 

"Sir, the magic council had been experimenting with dragon slaying magic and we believe we have a suitable subject... the counsel had asked you personally to overlook the preparations and the procedure," the soldier announced. There was a moment of dead silence.

"No," Acnologia answered slamming the door so hard that the walls shook.

'Stupid council, what are they thinking, experimenting with that stuff' a voice in his head growled.

'Let's go stop them!' another voice cheered.

'We can't just stop the council!'

'Why not'

'Because it's not X200 anymore!'

"Stupid Council," Acnologia growled aloud.

'What about this "subject", who is suicidal enough to go through with that?'

'... Did we meet any other dragon slayers?'

'What do you mean other slayers?

'Wasn't there an annoying cocky one?'

'That was a whole freakin life ago!'

'IT'S HIM, THE SUBJECT IS GOING TO BE THAT JERK DRAGON SLAYER!' A third voice cried.

'...Can we kill him?'

'What is wrong with us! No, we can't just kill him!'

'Why?'

'BECAUSE KILLING IS WRONG!'