Dragon Fight

Smoke billowed into the mid-morning sky as small fires burned over the battlefield. Dust was thrown into the air by the fights ensuring on the ground. Dragon roars and cries echoed over the cacophony of battle.

The war wasn't any closer to its end.

Gajeel, in his metal body, launched himself at another type of metal dragon hitting him like a bullet. The dragon roared in pain and slowly began to lose altitude. Gajeel righted himself on the back of the dragon and drove his fist into the dragon's spine. There was no roar this time, only the wings going limp and the two of them beginning to plummet. Gajeel pushed himself off the dragon and met another one head-on. This one barrel-rolled as soon as Gajeel was on it's back. When finally he became stead, another dragon rammed into him throwing him off the first dragon's back. With nothing to catch him, Gajeel slammed into the ground and skidded making a deep trench in the battlefield. Fourth and Fifth generation dragon slayers starting running over to where the had watched him fall but were stopped by a wall of plants. On the other side of it Jet and Droy high-fived.

Gajeel looked up in time to see the dragon lunging for him, the iron dragon slayer jumped away as the thing's claws dug into the ground where he had just been. The second dragon landed behind him and the two began circling him like wolves circle a deer; looking for any sign of weakness. Gajeel was sweating and yet there was a chill to his bones.

The dragons lunged.

Gajeel knocked away the first one but was pinned down by the second who bent down its neck to finish him off.

Then... there was a flash of lightning. The dragon pinning Gajeel down screamed in pain as something went clean through its wing. Laxus pushed himself off the ground he had just landed on and into the dragon's side kicking it off his brother, then he summoned a huge bolt of lightning that turned the dragon to ash.

Laxus panted and looked back to Gajeel who was slowly sitting up.

"You alright?" he asked offering him a hand.

"Oh, I've felt better," Gajeel giheed.

"Can you still fight?"

"Hell yeah."

Five dragons, drawn by the scream of their comrades landed, surrounding the two. The dragon Gajeel had beat aside got to its claws and shook itself off.

"Alright, I take the three on my side, you take the three on yours," Gajeel chuckled.

"Don't get trampled this time," Laxus scoffed.

And then the ground shook. The dragons looked at their feet confused and then they all fell into a newly open hole. Another figure flew out of the hole; Serena. He clapped his hands together and the earth sealed up trapping the dragons.

"Serena," Gajeel laughed in relief.

"Hey you two," Serena laughed as he landed, he stumbled a bit showing his fatigue but his smile was still bright.

"You good?" Laxus asked.

"Oh yeah... There's a bunch of tunnels under this place so I can use my cavern dragon slaying magic to it's fullest... Gajeel have you tried the rock?"

"What?" Gajeel choked.

"Have you eaten the rocks?" Serena asked.

"Nooo," Gajeel said slowly.

"Well you should, there are small amounts of iron in them, may give you a little more spring to your step," Serena laughed.

There was a roar above them and Serena smiled, "Well see you two around... there are some killer winds at two thousand feet and so I'm going to go blow my audience away. Tata!" he smiled taking off like a rocket into the sky.