Remember him?

Acnologia had returned much to the joys of his hatchlings. 

"You're back!" Wendy laughed nearly taking out Acnologia at the knees.

"Good thing too, Gajeel almost bawled his eyes out," Natsu grinned.

"Take that back you flame lizard!" Gajeel yelled tackling Natsu.

"I told you he'd be back," Laxus sighed from his room.

"Serena dropped by," Erik said pointing to a package on the counter, he didn't even bother to greet the dragon king anymore.

"Yeah, he told us a great story about a dragon and a human and an awesome fight!" Sting smiled running up to Acnologia.

"I'm sure he did," Acnologia nodded absentmindedly as he put the groceries he had bought on the counter - he then slapped the hand of Rogue who was cleverly trying to steal from the grocery bag. "That's for dinner," Acnologia growled.

"Can I have an early dinner?" Rogue asked.

"No."

"So, where'd you go?" Sting asked looking up at Uncle from over the counter.

"None of your business," Acnologia retorted as he pulled vegetables out of the paper bag.

"Aww," Sting slouched knowing all to well that Acnologia wouldn't say anymore.

Dinner went by with as many hitches as could be expected when you're feeding seven dragon slayers. Bedtime went by with even more difficulties. Finally, Acnologia collapsed on his couch absolutely exhausted. He had promised to get himself a bed, a promise that hadn't been kept. Quickly he fell into a deep sleep.

Then, he was plagued by memories in the form of dreams.

He was calling out for a woman he no longer knew. The woman he knew as Mother, but that name was empty now. The flames licked the sky as they engulfed the buildings of his village. There was a roar as a great beast flew low to the ground sending a great wind that knocked buildings down.

He was too young to know to run, he was too scared to figure it out. The buildings collapsed, and he was trapped under them crying, begging for a woman whose face he'd never see again, and a face he would later forget.

The screams died away as his tears and wails turned into exhaustion. 

The rubble he was trapped under began to shift and he cried out again holding his ears and shutting his eyes as a great toothed snout emerged from above him.

The dragon was long, green, and snakelike, he knocked the rubble away with great ferocity.

"Hello little one," the dragon hissed. He attempted to snap at the boy but a large blue dragon with a large wingspan charged into him.

"YOU HAD YOUR FILL!" the dragon roared.

"You gluttons!" a silver dragon with multiple black spikes growled, "I only got twenty! and half of those were children! Hardly enough! If anyone deserves it, it's me!"

"I want it!" the blue dragon snarled.

"I found the meat first!" the green dragon objected, he was silenced by the claws of the blue dragonelle which raked his snout. He roared in pain and writhed before wiggling from her clutches.

"I'll eat it!" the blue dragon threatened, "unless you want to fight me for it!" she roared her head turning to the silver dragon who hissed but remained silent.

The blue dragon huffed releasing a puff of steam before turning to him and snarling.

"Come here little one, scream and make it fun!" she hissed. Then she roared in pain, the green dragon was atop her clawing away at her back.