Curse? Nah, Friends.

"So you found a purpose?" Acnologia said looking at the book.

"Yes," Seilah nodded.

"Well it sounds promising if you both want it; you can do it after you serve Fairy Tail."

"Thank you," Jackal bowed.

"Just keep your heads low for a while, a few extremists have learned we welcomed you and are seeking your blood so watch your backs."

"No problem," Jackal chuckled.

"Well just in case I would prefer that you not go on missions alone," Master Makarov said from the bar.

Jackal and Seilah looked to each other, "Well, see, that might be a problem. We were going to go on a few simple solo jobs, but if that doesn't work I suppose we could-"

"Seilah!" Levy laughed greeting the demon, "Look at this!" she handed Seilah a slip of paper.

"Are you serious!?" Seilah cried reading it.

"It's such a simple job and you get a reward and the newest book by Norrad Henriod!" Levy squealed.

"For a human, he writes incredible stories, he explains humanity and its flaws so well, "Seilah said in awe.

"What do you say we do it together? We'll both get a copy!" Levy said.

"Yes please!" Seilah squealed her eyes shining.

"Okay... I'll just stay here then," Jackal said sarcastically. The girls weren't listening, they ran out the door and were out of Magnolia before anyone could say otherwise, "by... my... self," Jackal finished slowly.

"Man it sucks to get ditched like that," Bickslow chuckled leaning in.

"Come any closer and I will make you explode," Jackal growled.

"I can fiiiixxx that," Bickslow teased.

There was no denying the perk in Jackal's demeanor.

(An Hour Later)

"No," Jackal moaned as the woman brought up what must have been the fiftieth piece of jewelry.

"We're looking for something for him," Bickslow sighed. The old woman nodded, reached down, and pulled out a golden crown.

Bickslow began to laugh while Jackal facepalmed.

"Me, I need an enchanted item that I can wear that will-" Jackal growled.

"This is my last piece although I don't think the girl you're trying to impress will like this," the old woman pondered.

"I'm not trying to impress a girl!" Jackal cried.

The old deaf woman pulled up a bright neon hair bow. Bickslow began to roar with laughter.

"No," Jackal objected, "enchanted piece of clothing for me!" he spoke slowly trying to get the old lady to understand.

"Oh well, if the young lady wants enchanted items I have a few to choose from," the old woman pondered.

"There is no lady!" Jackal cried gesticulating wildly.

"Excuse me, 'mam," Bickslow chuckled leaning over the counter, "We're looking for this." He handed her an advertisement. The woman put her glasses on a read the slip of paper. Then she looked at Jackal.

"You have a strange taste in woman," the woman sighed as she went to the back.

"There is no woman involved! What even led you to believe that!?" Jackal cried.