The 1st to be Spared

It all started one afternoon. Serena had gone on some mission with the council and was going to be gone for a few months. On top of it, the council restricted him from communicating from Acnologia during the excursion which bothered the dragon king further. 

'Why does he stick around with the council,' a voice snarled in his head.

'They pay him well, and they did grant him his power,' another voice answered.

Before the internal debate could continue the headline on the day's paper caught Acnologia's eye. A demon known as Deliora was making its way towards a heavily populated town, of course, the town was being evacuated.

'A demon of that caliber could kill a whole lot of people,'

'So?'

'THAT'S BAD!'

'Yeah, really bad.'

'... I hate being moral.'

Acnologia wasted little time after he came to a conclusion. He raced for the guildhall.

"Gildarts, Laxus, Erik with me, NOW!" he ordered as soon as he stepped inside.

"What?" Gildarts asked.

"It's important," Acnologia said.

Gildarts nodded and bent down, "Daddy's gonna be right back okay," he reassured Cana.

Cana rolled her eyes and dealt out another hand of cards to Sting, "I've survived this long without you; I think I can survive a couple hours."

"Can I come too, uncle?!" Natsu asked.

"No," Acnologia answered

"PWEASE!" Natsu asked a hurt look on his face.

"No, you are too young," Acnologia sighed,

"Laxus and Erik are going," Natsu pouted.

"Yeah well they're older," Acnologia sighed.

"Technically speaking, we're older than them by four hundred years," Rogue said, sipping his cocoa.

Acnologia shot a glare at Rogue, "the answer is no, the answer will always be no until I say otherwise, do you understand?"

"Yes," Natsu sighed.

"Makarov! Watch the kids!" he ordered.

Makarov looked at him with a look of horror. "How long are you planning on being gone!?"

Acnologia rolled his eyes. "Okay everyone," Acnologia said running outside, he transformed into a dragon in the streets, "Climb on."

Gildarts looked like a child on Christmas Day, Laxus and Erik meanwhile shrugged and climbed on.

"So...what's this about uncle?" asked Laxus.

"There's a demon on the loose, I'm gonna go beat it up," Acnologia answered.

"Subtle," Erik sighed.

They took off into the sky, Gildarts screaming joyfully like an idiot.

"THIS IS AFREAKINGMAZING!" Gildarts laughed.

"Please shut up," Erik whispered as they flew.

They flew for a while, then Acnologia spotted a town in ruins, they flew over it. One destroyed town after another followed. The air grew cold and it held the stench of death as they followed the path of destruction. Finally, Acnologia flew over a mountain and spotted Deliora. In front of him were three humans; two young boys, one was unconscious while the other one looked on, and one woman, she was in the stance of the spell Ice Shell.