Tenrou Part 1

Acnologia's least favorite time of year was coming around... and no, it wasn't Christmas. It was the S-class trials. Acnologia despised these trials for many reasons.

"Uncle, I have to become an S-class Wizard, even if I have to get past you!" young Erik growled weakly during his S-class trials. Acnologia sighed; proud that Erik hadn't given up, even though he had been fighting him for the past five hours, and eventually let Erik pass.

Then there was also the time...

"WOOHOO!" Makarov exclaimed, obviously drunk. A drunk Gildarts, Cana, and a wide assortment of others lounged around while five other wizards were trying to become S-Class wizards were working their tails off.

"WHAT KIND OF MASTER ARE YOU!?" Acnologia cried annoyed

And... you can't forget...

"I'M AN S-CLASS WIZARD!" young Laxus cried with joy, electricity coursing through the ground causing Acnologia's hair... all of it... to stand on end giving Gildarts a reason to laugh at him for months.

Oh yes... Acnologia hated these trials.

"And the candidates for this S-Class trial are," Makarov announced.

By the look of the list Acnologia knew that there were too many names... to many candidates... why did he have a feeling that most of his hatchlings were on it... for the sixth year in a row.

"Natsu, Gajeel, Rogue, Freed, Elfman, Lisanna, Gray, Lyon, Sting, and Cana," Makarov announced.

Acnologia moaned, here he went again.

Then Acnologia smelled... Mest? 

'He's back?' 

'What's he doing here?'

"Hi Acnologia, miss me?" Mest asked.

"No."

"Oh... well, I'm back, the council thinks I'm working undercover... they have no idea," Mest smiled.

"Uh-huh, good for you," Acnologia said as he rolled his eyes.

"Excited about these trials?"

"No."

"I haven't seen you in a few years... are you seriously just gonna treat me like we saw each other yesterday?"

"Yep."

"Thanks."

Acnologia sighed as he watched everyone choose their partners. Natsu chose Happy, Rogue picked Frosch, Sting chose Lector, Freed chose Bickslow, Elfman chose Evergreen, Lisanna chose Juvia, Gray partnered with Loke, Lyon picked Wendy, Gajeel chose Levy, and Cana took Lucy. The S-Class mages prepared themselves. Ur, Erik, Laxus, Erza, Mira, Gildarts, and Acnologia all looked at the candidates... They all began preparing for the journey... and then the dragon slayers remembered that they had to use a boat as transportation. 

Acnologia offered an alternative. The exceeds could come along and carry the dragon slayers there, Acnologia could suffer, making himself weaker for the trials. Makarov agreed as long as the exceeds didn't interfere with the trials.

The group stood on the docks waiting for the ship, Acnologia leaned over to Gajeel.

"Why did you take Levy, I was betting you would choose Panther Lily?" Acnologia asked.

"... I owe her an apology... and... I think she deserves a chance to get stronger," Gajeel smiled.

"... Is this a thing Mira would geek out about?" Acnologia asked.