Search

The guildhall was normal. Life bustled around, Wendy was helping Mira serve meals and drinks. Sting and Rogue had gotten their checkerboard and were giving each other death glares as they took each other's pieces. Gajeel was strumming on his guitar next to Erik who, despite how much he denied it, enjoyed music and was drumming along with two spoons on a table. Laxus was sitting at the bar surrounded by the thunder legion who were excitedly talking about all the jobs they had planned to go on once his groundation ended. Erza was scribbling furiously in a notebook making future armor designs. Warren was reading, Max was drinking, Macao and Wakaba were chatting away while Romeo asked Natsu what he thought about teaching him a few fire moves in the backyard. Cana was drunk, Makarov was smiling as he looked around, Nab was at the job board, Juvia and Gray were talking about a job they should go on while Lyon and Ur discussed tactics for future ice moves. Jet and Droy were drinking and singing something, Vijeeter was dancing along, Reedus was painting, everything was good. That was... until Levy and Kinana burst into the guildhall.

"Guys! Something bad happened!" Kinana cried. Erik immediately stood up already hearing it all.

"How'd they get her!" he cried.

"Who got who?" Gajeel asked.

"It's Lucy," Levy sobbed, "she's been kidnapped!"

At first, the guild had only felt pure shock, then came the questions, then anger, and then every Fairy Tail member ran out of the guild to search the town... surely she was somewhere nearby, they said, surely she's fine, they said... they were wrong.

Natsu went straight to her apartment, entering through the window. He should have been met by a 'Lucy Kick' but instead he was met with an eerie silence. The lights were all off, just as Kinana and Levy had said. He walked around until he came to the living room and turned on the lights.

There had been a struggle, there was no question in Natsu's mind. Furniture was strewn all over the floor, dents in the walls, even a kitchen knife embedded into the floor. Natsu smelled the room and smiled.

Five men, one Lucy with no keys, there was no scent of celestial magic. Two men walked out, three were dragged, and Lucy... she must have been thrown over the man's shoulders, Natsu concluded. But damn... that was his Lucy. She had fought three of them up... the fourth only got her with a sneak attack.

He tried to identify the men, nothing. He had never smelled them before. Their scent was staling, they had left at least seven hours ago. Natsu searched the house for any clues Lucy may have hidden to tell someone where she was being taken, she was usually smart about that. He opened the drawer that Lucy kept her book in and froze. Lucy's keys were there, out of her case, just lying over her book in the drawer. There was a note tied to the large key ring they were on. Natsu picked it up, read it quickly... and stood as stiff as a board.

Hello, Natsu,

Welcome to my game.

You know the stakes, but there are still rules here.

1) You must play the game.

2) You may not give up nor forfeit

3) Do not allow anyone to take you from the game, or remove you from the board.

4) Tell no one of the game, let no one accompany you while you play the game, always play alone. No one may know.

5) If you fail or break the rules, she dies.

You have two weeks of this game to hunt, seek, and find Lucy Heartfilia, after the first week, we'll leave you a clue, after the second week...