Forget.

As E.N.D faded away Zeref sat desperately trying to think of what to do. Now he was at the Dragon King's mercy.

"Do you see now?" Acnologia snapped turning to Zeref suddenly, "do you see why turning back time will only ruin the world!?"

"It will get better," Zeref shook getting to his feet, "think how much happier everyone would be, my demons wouldn't have murdered so many innocents, Mavis would have never been cursed, cults wouldn't have been formed, children could have been spared, family's saved, I've caused so much hurt the only way to fix it would be to undo all that had been done!"

"Would Jackal and Seilah be happier?" Acnologia snapped, "What about Natsu, he never would have met Lucy or Happy, heck he never would have met Igneel."

"So? The world will be a better place, I've never helped anyone of great importance, and the ones I have helped only ended up being hurt; Natsu, Mavis, and all the others!"

"Zeref," Acnologia growled, "what about me?"

"What about you?" Zeref asked harshly.

"What did you help me accomplish?"

Zeref was silent, "I helped you in the massacre of dragons."

"Evil dragons, dragons that murdered your family, dragons that took Sonya, the dragons that would rule the world if you didn't help me break my human flesh and transform. Zeref for all the evil you've done you've also done many great things, made great people, inadvertently formed the greatest guild that had ever existed! You have done great things."

"It matters not," Zeref sighed, "I will always take from this world that which cannot be replaced."

"Then give that which cannot be given," Mavis said softly walking into the guildhall, August behind her.

"August?" Zeref asked, "What, what is the meaning of this?"

"It is alright father, we have a plan," August reassured Zeref.

"Fa-father?"

"Are you ready?" Acnologia asked, "Because it took you long enough."

"Yes," August nodded ignoring Acnologia's last words.

"The trip had many bumps and dark mages in the road," Mavis answered with a smile.

"You know the cost?" Acnologia sighed.

"Yes," August nodded.

"Wh- what is going on?" Zeref asked.

Mavis smiled, ran up, and hugged Zeref. The latter stood there unsure of what to do, "I can't just let you leave me here," she said softly.

"Mavis," Zeref said slowly.

"Remember what I told you; remember what it was to forget? Forget about the curse, forget about your guilt, just be here, with me, with us," Mavis smiled.

Acnologia muttered three words under his breath and then slammed his hands onto the ground. Magic circles appeared all throughout the guildhall, the largest ones lay underneath Mavis, Zeref, and August. Lucy and Natsu took a startled step back while August walked forward until he was next to Acnologia.

"What is going on?" Zeref cried.

"First the good memories that you have forced yourself to forget," Acnologia chanted. A third of the magic circles began to glow, they raced towards Zeref and Mavis until both had a shell over them. "Then the touch of contradiction," Acnologia chanted. Mavis stood beside Zeref, she looked up at the dark-haired mage and grabbed his hand.

"We'll be free after this," she promised him.

"I don't... I don't understand," Zeref shook.

"Finally, the joint of blood with the thoughts and time to undo the curse of contradictions, yet keep the acts in place," Acnologia continued.

"Undo the curse?" Zeref said awestruck.

"Hear me Ankhseram and know that August Dragneel sacrifices his time and memories for the love of his parents, hear me Ankhseram and know that Mavis Vermillion and Zeref Dragneel love one another, committing the ultimate contradiction, hear me Ankhseram and know that both are forgiven and loved! Hear me Ankhseram and know that the curse of death shall end here and now yet the blessing on longevity," Acnologia ordered closing his eyes, "I cast the spell Purify!"

The magic circles glowed with blinding blue light. Everyone was encased with it, blinded by it, it burned away at their skin, and yet, it was comforting to the two cursed humans in the middle of the spell

August put a hand on Acnologia's shoulder and distantly Acnologia heard him mutter a "thank you."

Everyone still standing on the battlefield had to avert their gaze from the guildhall because the light was so bright. The neon blue light lit up the guildhall like a star on earth.

"So it ends," Acnologia smiled as the spell ended.

And so it ended.