More Time

Ultear collapsed in front of the giant mountain of ice. 

"Mother" Ultear choked looking up at the two god dragons encased in it.

"You'll never be on my level!" Tyregenium snarled raking a claw down Acnologia's face, "Not like this!"

Acnologia roared in fury and clamped down on Tyregenium's heavily armored neck.

"STOP PLAYING! RELEASE THE POWER YOU HAVE FOR THE DRAGONS SLAYERS AND FIGHT ME! WHO CARES IF THEY BECOME DRAGONS!"Tyregenium roared.

Acnologia immediately disregarded the thought. To allow the dragon slayers to transform would be to open them up to mental strain and trauma, none of which they needed right now.

Acnologia was wrong.

It was exactly what they needed.

"When will these end," Brandish muttered to herself.

"Lady Brandish!" a soldier shrieked.

Brandish turned just as a dragon breathed out a vortex of wind that turned everything to shreds. When the dust cleared, only a few Alvarez soldiers were alive; Brandish was not one of them. The dragon slayers laughed as they toyed with the survivors who wished they had died with the rest.

"Alvarez has fallen!" Warren cried from a mountain top.

"What!" many voices cried.

"No way man!" Gray retorted over the telepathy.

"I just watched it," Warren gritted.

Lucy held back tears as she entered into her Gemini star dress and copied a fifth-generation dragon slayer's magic.  She then used that magic to roar at a dragon. Her friends were dying and there was nothing she could do about it.

Seilah and Jackal took refuge behind a few rocks. Seilah whimpered as she held a wound on her leg where a metal dragon had stabbed her with its claw.

Jackal leaned over to her, "Hey, the medical tents aren't too far off, you need to get over there."

Seilah shook her head, "No... I'm needed out here."

"Come on, at least stop the bleeding, you're no help to anyone if you're dead," Jackal chuckled. They both hunkered down as a dragon flew low.

"I don't want to leave you," Seilah whimpered.

"You won't... I'll be fine," Jackal reassured her, "Here how about this, I'll go with you for a little while until you're out of the combat zone."

Seilah gave a pained nod.

"Good, come on then," Jackal grunted helping her up and throwing her arm over his shoulder.

They began trudging through the mountains making painfully slow progress.

"Just turn me into a book," Seilah shivered.

"I know how much you hate that," Jackal sighed, "this is fine."

"But Jackal I-" Seilah never got to finish her sentence because a beam went through her heart and she collapsed dead in Jackal's arms.

"Seilah..." Jackal asked in horror, "SEILAH!"

"One down," someone said behind them; a fifth-generation dragon slayer. A fourth-generation dragon slayer stood next to them... it had fired on Seilah, "One to go."