The Dragon's Life

"What do you mean your house burned down?" Makarov gaped.

The nine dragon slayers stayed silent, Serena was fussing about his scorched hair.

"Erik was breathing out a poisonous gas that turned out to be... flammable," Sting sighed.

"Boom," Wendy said making the motion with her hands, a portion of her hair was still singed.

"Are they still... hungover?" Makarov asked.

"No, we're good," Gajeel said.

"The blast scared us out of it," Laxus sighed.

"So, you all need a place to stay," Cana laughed from the bar.

"Yeah," Acnologia sighed.

"They can't come to my house, it has one room," Serena defended.

"What if they live in the guild?" Mira asked.

"That could work," Makarov nodded.

"NO!" All the dragon slayers said at once.

The guild looked at the group strangely.

"That is not a good idea," Serena laughed nervously.

"Uh... uh, it's just that... Rogue gets nightmares... and he's super self-conscious so... we couldn't possibly stay here," Sting said nervously.

"He just doesn't want anyone to know that he's scared of the dark," Rogue hissed.

"I am not!" Sting cried.

"Yeah... for the sake of those two let's just agree to not live here," Acnologia said.

"Nonsense, what could happen," Makarov chuckled.

"Makarov, dragons live differently than humans, the guild is going to see just how differently that is, that might cause problems," Acnologia hissed.

"No one will judge, right?" Makarov asked.

Everyone in the guild nodded. The dragon slayers stood in silence horrified.

"This is horrible," Erik said suddenly breaking the silence.

The group had scavenged what they could from the rubble of their apartment and moved into the second floor of the guild. The rest of the guild had left for the night and Serena had gone home.

"We need to wake up early... like before anyone else gets here," Laxus said laying down on the makeshift nest.

"Yeah... I couldn't agree more," Gajeel sighed throwing a blanket over an already sleeping Natsu.

"We'll be fine, who would judge us?" Wendy smiled snuggling into her blanket.

"How about every living being on the planet," Rogue sighed rolling over.

The next morning, Makarov entered the guild first, Mira, Lisanna, Elfman, and Cana followed. They entered the guild silently and immediately heard a strange sound. The group went up to the second floor and immediately wished that they could take pictures. More and more people entered the guild and were immediately told to keep quiet.

Wendy was hugging a plush dolphin; Charle snuggled up next to it. Erik cuddled the small sky dragon slayer; his P J's consisted of a shirt with a green snake on it, and soft purple pants with the same green snake. Laxus had lost his cloak to the twins and was sleeping in his normal attire, Natsu's head on his stomach. Laxus was rubbing Natsu's hair in his sleep and Natsu was... purring?