Chapter One

Chapter One

"Welcome to your new home Mrs. Davenport." Mr. Davenport, my new father, grins at Tasha while he twirls her around in bridal style, smiling and kissed her.

My name's Riley Adams and I now live with the Davenports, due to my family situation. Well, lack of family. Leo and I have been best friends since we were like, in preschool. Eventually, they found out my home situation and basically adopted me, Mr. Davenport and Tasha had been seeing each other for almost two years now and only about a week ago they got married and now we were finally moving into Mr. Davenport's new Mansion.

Leo and I stared at each other wide eye as we enter Mr. Davenport's new house. Despite carrying two large suitcases, this was the coolest house I've ever seen in my entire life. "Why thank you, Mr. Davenport," Tasha had flirted back.

"Absolutely Mrs. Davenport," Mr. Davenport making Tasha giggle and they both kissed each other, again.

"We get it, you got married, it's getting old," Leo complained as we dropped our luggage on the ground in sync. My eyes widen even further when I looked around at this fancy place. "Wow! You got this big house just from inventing things?" Mr. Davenport smiled proudly and nodded. "Way to go, Mum, now that's, a husband."

My eyes then trailed over to a, what seems like Mr. Davenport's creation, and walked over to it. "What the heck is that?" I asked and Leo had followed me, interested in it as well.

"Oh, ah, that is my latest creation; Davenport Industries first completely interactive 3D TV," Mr. Davenport explained and then turned it on by a single motion of his hand. That's when a 3D baseball live field was turned on, the theme music too, and one of the players had hit the ball and it came straight towards Leo and me.

Being the smart person, I moved out of the way, but Leo went to catch it. He missed it though, running into the wall making me laugh. "Watch the face, termite." A screen had appeared on the wall making my eyes widen, Leo's eyes were widen, too.

"Mum, I think the little voice in my head is back." Leo said nervously, backing away from the wall clearly not seeing the screen that was beside him.

"No, this is Eddie, he's my smart home system." Mr. Davenport explained, pointing to the screen, or, my bad, Eddie and Leo turned to Eddie. "Eddie, this is my step-son and step-daughter, Leo and Riley," my heart warmed when Mr. Davenport called me his daughter. "Remember when I told you Riley, Leo, and Tasha are moving in today,"

I wasn't even a Dooley or a Davenport, yet he stilled called me his step-daughter.

"Hey, hey, welcome, everything here is mine." Eddie informed us rudely, making me frown. He seemed nice at first, but I feel like I don't like him after this.

Our smiles dropped.

"Uh, Leo and Riley, why don't you guys check out your rooms?" Mr. Davenport asked and I'm pretty sure my face lit up at the sound of that. "Just go down straight down that hallway, and when you see the rooms with the; video games, and the action figures, and 50 foot screen TV, keep walking, that's mine."

My face dropped, I seriously thought Leo and I were getting a 50-foot screen TV. I can't wait to use them all and not tell him.

"Way to tease a child like that." I mutter under my breath before I followed Leo down the hallway.

-

After a while of searching, we didn't really get anywhere, unfortunately. "Is it just me, or do I feel like we just keep going around and around in circles?" I asked as we enter a random hallway that had a chair.