Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

After what happened last week about Leo's party, Chase had literally tried everything to say he was sorry. Eventually, I caved in, to all three of them only because they made up with Leo. They gave him a go on the mission simulator.

Now, I was in the gym with Adam and Leo, this week was the Death Spiral Smackdown.

"Prepare yourself, dingoes! It's time for my annual fitness challenge week! This year, forget about push-ups and sit-ups. It's time for bruises, sprains, and freak accidents! I present the Death Spiral Smackdown!" Perry exclaimed as she rips off the spiral that sat on the ground. It was huge!

"Well, say what you will about her, but she knows how to bring the sizzle," Adam told us as Perry climbs onto the spiral.

"Why do you call it the Death Spiral? I mean... Doesn't look so scary to me." Leo pointed out to Perry.

"Why don't I have vice principal Cochran demonstrate for you?" Perry tells us before throwing the teacher onto the spiral and Perry stands aside. The thing was so fast, that he literally lands on his butt causing everyone to laugh. He was then thrown off it as Perry had increased the speed. "It's not broken! Walk it off!" Perry yelled at the teacher.

"Wait, s-so how does it work?" Adam asked Perry as he walked over to her.

"You wrestle your opponent as it spins you silly. It'll test your strength, reflexes, and ability to hold your bladder against centrifugal force! Ha ha ha!' Perry explained.

"What do you think, Leo? Can you handle it?" Gordo, Leo's friend had asked him. "Hey, Riley," Gordo shyly says and I forced a smile.

"Well, my bladder's strong, but just to be safe, I'm sticking to dark gym shorts," Leo tells Gordo. Gordo was wearing a green cape, I tried not to look at it too much.

"I myself will be wearing a full-body diaper. In the face of fear, you'll never know where you're gonna leak from." Gordo informed us.

TIM, Gordo, TMI.

"If you have the guts, partner up, and choose carefully. Your survival depends on the decision you make, and there are very few good options! Ha ha ha ha ha!" She laughs. I definitely can't do this, Leo for sure will pick Adam and I don't want to be left with Gordo.

"Well, Leo, every year we lose the fitness challenge, but this year, we're gonna do it in style. I don't want to brag, but... I totally earned the Sewing Merit badge." Gordo had offered him a cape, too.

"Listen, Gordo, I don't want to have a cape. I want to be a winner, so this year, we're going in a different direction." Leo declined Gordo gently.

"We are?" Gordo asked.

"Yes. But by we, I mean not you. I'm going with someone else." Leo tells him.

"Who? Riley?" Gordo asked. I shake my head.

"I'm not doing it this year. Last year, I failed, I'm not going through another painful loss." I get really competitive real quick.

"Oh. I see. That's okay because most of the school would give their right hand to be my partner." Gordo confidently said.

He turned to some guys but they had automatically left.

"I'm sorry, Gordo, but with my new partner, I'm gonna win this thing." Leo declared.

I really do hope he wins this year.

I'm glad this year is optional, otherwise, I would've broken some ribs.