Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

The next morning, Leo and I entered the lab. I was in a really happy mood because I got a really good sleep last night, but that mood was dropped when I saw that the lab was literally a mess.

"Good morn-- Aaahh!" Leo screamed when he saw the sight of the lab.

"What the hell happened!?" I yelled, my eyes wide.

"Riley? Riley? Is that you?" I heard Chase call my name, Adam was sleeping on the raft, papers were thrown everywhere.

"What happened?! All we did was go to sleep!" Leo yelled.

"Riley, something happened to my vision. I can only see pixels." Chase then fell to the ground and my eyes widen. "I'm okay." I rushed over to him and bend down in front of him.

"Hey, Chase, it's me." I whispered, his head snapped up to my voice.

"I can kind of see you." Chase says, getting up on his knees. His hands touched my knees and he flinches away. "What was that?"

"My knee," I state.

"Oh, okay," he placed his knee back on my thigh, I grabbed his hand and he gripped onto it as I slowly help him back up. I then grabbed his hand and placed it on my shoulder.

"That's my shoulder." I tell him and he nods.

"Buddy up what's." I heard Adam say from the raft and I raised an eyebrow.

"He sounds different." Leo pointed out.

"Yeah, that's 'cause he can only speak backward. It was fun for about the first five minutes-- Now I just want to rip his head off." Chase informs us and I carefully lead him to where Leo was.

"Wait. Wait, where's Bree? And if you say she went to Paris for crepes, I'm gonna lose it!" Leo snapped.

"I don't know where she is. Something woke us up in the middle of the night, she started bouncing around the room like a pinball, and I haven't seen her since. I haven't seen anything since." Chase explained.

"I'm gonna-- All right. Okay. Okay, I'm gonna-- I'm gonna call her and I'm gonna get her back. Call Bree." He called Bree, and it looked like she went back in time and was with the dinosaurs.

"Bree! No! Please don't tell me you've gone back in time." I say, eyes widening.

"No! I just woke up and started running. The next thing I knew, I was in the middle of the desert, my feet were smoking, and my navigation system was all goofed up. My phone's about to die! What am I gonna do..." Bree tried to explain but was quickly cut off, her phone is dead.

"Bree! Bree!" I panic, I tried to call her again but it went straight to voice mail. God damn it.

"Oh-uh." Adam says beside me. Chase is right, it really does get annoying.

"Guys, a little help here, please." Chase pleaded, oh, shoot, I left Chase alone. I then walked over to Chase and grabbed his hand, before linking our arms together, pulling him back over to where Leo and Adam were.

"All right, and... There you go, buddy." Leo says, nodding.

Chase sighed but then cried out as soon as Adam had pushed him over, my eyes widening. Adam just laughs at me and Leo and I sent glares at Adam.

-

We were soon gathered around the counter, and a loud beeping went off. "What the heck is that?!" I low key panic, again.

"Well, it's either Mr. Davenport's radon gas alarm, or it's his emergency phone. And being that none of us have passed out yet, it's his emergency phone!" Chase informed us quickly. I groaned.