Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

It was a week later, Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo and I were all checking out Davenport's new motorcycle in the lab.

Davenport came in with a full black leather outfit, making me mentally cringe at it. "So, what do you think?" Davenport asked.

"I think you're begging for a gang of bikers to do rotten things to you." Chase looked at his father up and down.

"Are those my pants?" Bree quickly asked, her eyes widening.

"Not anymore," I tell her.

Davenport walked over to the motorcycle. "I call her the Daven-cycle. She's got auto-pilot, laser-guided weapons systems, and a tiny little flower vase, to brighten your day," Davenport explained as he puts a flower inside the vase up the front.

"Whoa, cool, throw a tiny basket for Chase to ride in and we're good to go." Adam grinned.

"Hello!" My eyes widen at the sound of Douglas's voice. It comes on the screen. "Anybody home?" He laughs.

"He hacked you again?" I asked Davenport and looked at him. "Would it kill you to spend $40 bucks on some security software?"

"Love the new lab, Donnie." Douglas comments. "Ooh, tunnels! Industrial, yet classy,"

"Take a hint, ex-brother," Davenport started. "There's a reason why none of us accepted your buddy requests."

"Oh, I accepted it." Adam raised his hand. Everyone shoots him a sharp look. "What? His updates are hilarious! Look forward to weekend of evil, winky-face,"

"Listen, I don't have a lot of time," Douglas begins. "Kranen'll be back soon. He went out to get his head waxed."

"Fascinating. You know what? It might sound like I'm hanging up." Davenport went to hang up, but Douglas stopped him.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Douglas quickly said. "This isn't another trick! You're in danger! Krane has completely lost it!"

"Oh, wow!" Chase cuts in. "So, the guy who keeps implanting himself with bionics is unstable? Who could've seen that one coming?"

I smirked a little at his sarcasm. "I'm serious!" Douglas continued. "Krane is using my technology to give himself new abilities I didn't even know were possible! He's a ticking time bomb, and he sees you four as a threat!"

"Hey!?" Leo cried out. "What about me!? I'm dangerous!"

"Yeah, there's always a chance you might faint on somebody," Douglas comments making Leo's eyes widen.

"Look, Adam, Bree, Chase, Riley..." Davenport looked over at Leo who stared at him with wide eyes. "And Leo can handle anything. And after all you've done to this family, why should we trust you?"

"Well, I..." Douglas paused. "Give me a minute."

"Take all the time you want," Davenport suggested.

Douglas gave him slight smile. "Oh, thanks, I-"

Davenport hangs upon him. "Douglas is up to something." Davenport walks over to his cyber desk. "He's obviously trying to distract us with this Krane guy,"

"Well, maybe so, but what if he's telling the truth?" Chase asked walking over to him.

"Yeah, we've seen Krane face-to-face." Bree pointed out. "He's a total creep."