Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Hey, Adam. Attack me!" Adam and I had entered the lab, only to be greeted by Leo. 

"Oh, no, no, no." Adam declined. "I know how this works, first you tell me to attack you, I say no, and then you taunt me till I snap. It's not gonna happen." Leo threw a water bottle at him. "Oh, it's on, little man!"

Adam went to attack him, but two pairs of Orbs surround Leo, making me frown. They both zap Leo. Adam flew to the ground and he groans. "Oh no!" Adam cried from the ground, sitting up a little. "The Christmas ornaments are turning against us!"

He quickly stands up, the orbs flying away. "Nope, you just got pulsed-waved by my latest invention, Attack Orbs," Leo explained. 

"Huh?" Adam asked. 

"When they perceive a threat within five feet of me, they attack." Leo continued, walking over to his plans on his desk. "They're mobile robotic bodyguards."

"Uh, impressive." Adam nods. "But have you ever just thought about lifting weights or working out?"

"I designed them to protect you guys from Douglas and Krane," Leo says. " If I'm going to be a true inventor I have to start making things without Big D. And if I prove myself, maybe he'll let me be his business partner."

"Right, 'cause every billionaire needs an incompetent relative who brings nothing to the table." Eddy had shown up. 

That's when Chase comes in. "Speaking of..." Adam's eyes light up. 

"Hey, guys." We all turned to Chase. 

"Chase, why are you attacking Leo?" Adam asked, cocking his head. 

"What?" Chase frowns and Adam had pushed Chase towards Leo. Within seconds, the Orbs surround Leo. Leo waves. "Uh!" Chase goes flying back. 

"Awesome!" Adam and Leo high fived, I sighed and ran a hand over my face before walking to Chase and helping him up.  It wasn't long before Adam was beside Chase after being zapped by the orbs. "Do it again!"

-

"Ma'am, you're standing in it." Tasha and I smiled at Adam, we've been watching him practise his lines for hours. He was in Janelle's play that's tomorrow tonight. He sighed. "Ah, no, wait. You're standing in it." He sighed again. "You're standing in it! What do you guys think? Did you feel like you're standing in it?"

"All 76 times." Tasha nodded. Tasha stands up. "Honey, you're gonna be fine. It's just one line."

Adam gasps. "The most important line of the whole play. Without me, she never finds Mission Creek. It's the entire emotional thrust of the second act, Tasha."

That's when Davenport comes in. "Hello." He walks through the front door. 

"Donald, don't forget the school play is tomorrow night." Tasha reminds, with a smile. 

Davenport tuns around. "Good-bye."

"You're going!" Tasha scowls at him and he turns around. 

"Ah, come on." Davenport sighed. He walked closer to her. "Shouldn't we be discouraging his acting career?"

That's when Chase comes in. "Okay, guys, prepare to be wowed!" Chase announced. "My new app; Dirt Alert!" He holds up his phone. "It tells you the precise type of rock or soil that's beneath you and how long it's been there. You want to try?"

"Oh, I can't. Dinner needs to be ready," Tasha quickly said and dashed off to the kitchen. 

"I got to pretend to care about his play," Davenport excused himself. 

Chase was pushed away, being the good girlfriend I am, I walked over to him and smiled. "Hey, you wanna check it out?" Chase asked with a small smile.

"Not really," I shake my head. "But, we could do something more exciting than that." I take his hand before leading us up to my room. 

-

"Ten minutes left to enter, and mine is the downloaded app by far," Scott announced. They'd done this app contest in their store. "Ah, am I really gonna win again? Okay, guess I am. Victory lap!"

He was about to run around weirdly in the store with all the customers watching, but, Bree tried stopping him. "No, no. Please don't run. It's just awkward for all of us." Bree tells him. 

Scott rolled his eyes. "Girls." And he continued to do his "victory" lap, making me and Bree sigh. I've been hanging around here to keep Bree entertained for a little bit while she's working. 

And, sometimes, to see Chase.