Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Principal Perry was hogging the Internet in her office, so I snuck in, plugged in our wire instead. Turns out she's a day trader for the Japanese stock market." Leo tells us as he entered the cafeteria. I had been standing next to Davenport, watching him work the computer.

"That did it. We are now able to pinpoint their precise location when they turned off their GPS. You know, Leo, with my genius and your ability to follow wiring, we make a great team." Davenport smiled and I frowned.

"Hold on, what about me-" I was cut off by Perry.

"Did you three snake my Internet?" Perry accused, coming into the cafeteria, cutting me off and I sighed.

"Principal Perry, look, we just–"

Once again, Perry had cut off Leo and pushed him out the way. "Get out of my way, gym squatters. My online auction is about to close." The computer dings, meaning she got it. "Wahoo! I got it! Guess who owns a slaughterhouse?" She sings and then turned to Davenport. "This stuff ain't cheap. Get me my money."

I rolled my eyes and she left and Davenport had gotten right back to work. "Their last known location was at the port. They must have jumped on a ship." Davenport traced, looking at the screen.

"A ship?" I ask, blinking a few times. Well, they could be anywhere by now.

"It says there were three freighters that left around the same time. They must be on one of them." Leo figured.

"Douglas may already have a jump on us. We have to act fast." Davenport quickly said.

"But even if we know which freighter it is, how are we gonna get to it?" I asked and Davenport had grabbed Leo and I's shoulders, bringing up closer to him.

"I have a secret." Davenport squealed and I raised an eyebrow. "I have a helicopter I keep stashed away for special occasions, and nobody knows about it! Ha!"

My face dropped. Oh, we already knew about that one.

Leo and I looked at each other and I decide to speak. "We have a secret too. We know. We use it on weekends."

-

"Well, searching that first ship was a bust. This is gonna take us all night!" Leo complained as we were in the back of his helicopter, literally flying around and trying to find my boyfriend and best friends.

I was in the back seat, it was quite comfortable not gonna lie. "Well, at least we got the radio." Davenport reminded us and I nodded. "You're listening to another Doland Davenport audiobook, how to make a million dollars." I almost laugh at the radio. We really need this right now.

"Oh, we need to turn this up." I tease and Leo agreed with me, turning up the radio.

"You could use a refresher." Leo continued to tease him, Davenport rolled his eyes and quickly slapped Leo's hand away and turned off the radio.

That's when the sound of series of bleeping went off in the front, which meant that Chase had turned on his GPS! "It's Chase's GPS signal! It's back on!" I grin happily. We're gonna get them back!

"They turned on their GPS signals that mean's they're in trouble. Hang on, guys."

And we're off.

-

After many attempts of searching ships, we couldn't find them. There was only one last ship to take. So, we took it, obviously, desperate to find them. I'm desperate to find my boyfriend and tell him I love him as well.