Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"Oh, this is so exciting! I have never been to Australia before." Tasha squeals as she comes down the stairs with her bags. Adam, Bree, Chase and I were on the couch. I was cuddled up next to Chase with his arm wrapped around me, Bree sat next to me and Adam was lying on the couch changing the channels.

Eddy then appears on the screen. "Hey, maybe you'll like it so much you won't want to come back!" Eddy suggested, making Tasha glare at the smart home system.

"Donald, honey, do you have the plane tickets?" Tasha asks her husband.

Big D just laughs. "Honey, we're taking my fully automated private jet." He scoffs. "Plane tickets. Why don't we just slap on a bunch of stamps and mail ourselves there."

"Private jet. That works." Tasha says, clearly impressed.

Tasha and Leo turned to each other. "Score!" They whispered excitedly, making me smile.

"Okay, Leo, this is your chance to prove you're responsible enough to stay at home without us. And you too, Riley," Big D says, as he nears Leo and Tasha.

"Us? What about them?" Leo asks, pointing the three bionic superhumans.

"They were designed to go on missions and save the world. You were designed to break stuff." Big D sassed Leo making me chuckle.

"Don't worry, I know the rules-- no touchy-touchy your stuffy-stuffy," Leo mocked Big D.

"Leo, I'm serious. There's millions of dollars' worth of technology here. So no goof-ups, no explosions, no fires-- You know what? I'm not going. I'm not going." Big D says worridly.

"Donald, Leo will be responsible. And so is Riley. He is a big boy, and she is a big girl. Sweetie, I left your flame-retardant undies on the dresser." Tasha told Leo making me snort.

Chase leaned into me. "Real attractive."

"I know," I whisper, Chase smiled at me.

"Mr. Davenport, Leo will be fine. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?" Bree asked as Leo opened up the door for them.

"Funny you should ask. I've made an actuary chart which covers every possible catastrophe. You have an 82% chance of coming back to a perfectly normal house. Happy travels." Chase holding up a piece of paper, I let out a small chuckle, leaning back into the couch as I watch Adam and Bree stand.

Big D snatched the chart from Chase's hands. "Don't worry! Eddy is here to monitor every room in the house. He is like a virtual babysitter." Tasha reassured Big D.

"Yeah, and I virtually care about your kids," Eddy remarked from his screen.

"Big D, I got this. No explosions, no goof-ups, no fires, no floods--" Leo was cut off by Big D.

"Wait. I didn't think about floods." Big D worridly said.

"Donald, let's go!" Tasha groaned. Chase and I stood up and we all said our goodbyes to Tasha and Big D.

"Okay, be careful. There's an inflatable raft in the closet." Big D reminded us and I crossed my arms.

"All right, bye." Chase waved as Leo pushed them out the door before shutting the door and that was it, we are home alone.

"Whoo-hoo! Party in the lab!" Adam cheered.

"Whoo!" Bree cheered along with Adam, grinning.

"Did you not hear what Davenport just said? We're supposed to be responsible." Leo reminded everyone.

"Oh, right. I'll be responsible for the snacks. Leo, you're responsible for blowing up that raft! Whoo-hoo! Party in the lab!" Adam excitdely said.

"Yeah!" Chase said as he runs off with his siblings and Leo and I look at each other.

"And he's worried about us?"

-

"Australia looks interesting. But I'd really like to check out New York." Bree says as we are now in the lab, there were all types of snacks on the counter, Chase was sitting at the computer doing god knows what and I was sitting in a chair, swirling around.

Bree was reading a magazine that was in her hands as she walks around. "Yeah, well, maybe someday when we're older-" And just like that, she was off. "Or now."

"Bree! Come back!" I whine, why would she not take me? How rude of her.

"And what are you up to?" Chase asked, turning to his brother who was with the snacks.

"I am combining foods. Butterscotch pudding and tomatoes is probably a no, but being home alone and doing whatever I want is a huge yes, so I'm gonna do it anyway!" He tried it. "Oh, that is bad."

That's when Leo entered the room, walking towards Chase. "Chase, what are you doing at Davenport's computer?" Leo asked worridly.

"I'm pulling a prank on him. The next time he checks his bank account, it's gonna be in euros! Bam! Same value, but still funny, right?" Chase asked excitedly, it was cute. Very cute.

"No." Leo stated and pulled away the wheeling chair that Chase was on.

"No, no-" He tried hugging the keyboards, but Leo snatched the keyboard away from him and placed it back on the counter.

Bree was now back from her little shopping trip from New York.

She was all perked up, her hair, her makeup, her clothes. She was just so not Bree. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Where were you?" Leo asked, eyes wide.

"Well, I was headed to New York City, but I got stuck in Jersey. Check out my bling. Boom! How's ya like them sparklers?" She had this accent that I was getting annoyed by.

"Bree, look what you did! You got butterscotch pudding all over my broccoli!" He then picked it up and ate it. "What a delicious mistake!"

"Aw, I'm sorry, Adam. I meant to get it on your face!" And with that, she chucked the butterscotch but lucky, I was no where near it, Adam and Leo ducked but Chase didn't in time and it landed it on his face. "Ho ho! Boom I'm throwin' puddin' here!"

"Oh, look! Chase and pudding! I hadn't thought of that combo!" Adam gasped, Adam tried to get a taste of Chase but Chase quicklu slapped his hand away.

Chase stood up. "Bree, you are goin' down." Chase challenged.

"Bring it! Adam, hold my hoops!" Bree sassed as she pulls out her hoops.

Before things could any worse, Leo had stopped the madness that was about to happen. "Hey! Hey, hey, hey! Stop! I really need this weekend to go well for me!" Leo pleaded.

"Chill out, Leo. What's the big deal? We're just having a little fun." Chase tells him.

"I'm not. If Davenport trusts me to stay home alone, then next he'll give me a project in the lab, and then he'll let me go on a mission with you. Don't you want me to go on missions with you?" Leo asked.

"Ehh."

"I guess."

"Not so much."

"Okay, that's it. No more crazy foods, no more pranking Davenport, and no more breaking your curfew to go to New York." Leo puts down the rules and I oo'ed from the sidelines.

"Jersey! Whatever. This guy, what a nudge." Bree rolled his eyes.

"Just get in your capsules and go to sleep. I'll turn on a nightlight for you." Leo snapped. The trio walked to their capsules, Leo had turned on the nightlight that stood on the counter.

"Goodnight!" I sing, before I happily walked out of the lab to go to bed.