Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"Hey! Hey. Careful. Handsome is delicate. Should I really be going to a movie with Janelle considering there still might be a slight chance the earth might implode?" Leo asked as I helped him get ready for his date tonight, rolling up his sleeves as we stand outside the door with Future Leo beside us.

"Well, it is a pretty good movie." Future Leo informed him. I chuckled to myself. It's not every day you get to see your future best friend. I then fall back onto the couch and Future Leo falls next to me, grabbing a magazine.

Leo then turned to the door and something catches mine and his eyes, a note on the door. I frowned, standing up. "Leo, what is that?" I asked he takes it down from the door and reads it in his hands.

"It's a note from Adam, Bree, and Chase. They went on the mission!" Leo cried out, reading the note and my eyes widen and my heart sinks. Chase, you're so stupid!

"What?!" Future Leo and I cry out at the same time, and I felt my chest growing heavy with anxiety. Future Leo and I got up from the couch and went to read the note, I pressed my lips together, preventing a sob coming out from my lips.

"Dear Mr. Davenport, we went to stop the collider. We know we won't make it back, but that's a small price to pay to save you, Riley, Leo and the rest of the world. P.S. Sorry we get blown up. P.P.S, stay beautiful Riley. Pretty sure Adam wrote that last part and Chase." Leo read, my heart grew tight. I might not see Chase again.

After a few moments, I made up my mind. We have to tell Davenport. "We have to tell Davenport about Adam, Bree and Chase on the mission." I worry, bringing out my phone.

"Oh, no. It's happening." Future Leo said and my head snapped up so fast to him I almost got whiplash.

"What?" Leo and I asked at the same time, turning to him.

"The series of events I was sent back here to prevent." Future Leo said and I quickly called Big D, but it sent me straight to voicemail.

"You missed me, but leave a message for Davenport, Davenport, Davenport Industries!" Future Leo ended my call as I had it held out for speaker and I rolled my eyes.

"It's the same awful voicemail for the next seven years!" Future Leo cried out.

"I can't imagine my life without Adam, Bree and Chase," I say, my voice saddening. I felt like I was going to tear up, my best friends are going to be dead.

"I don't have to imagine it-- I lived it, and it's awful. Davenport is so distraught he spends the next seven years trying to build a time machine so he can stop this one event and get them back." He paused. "And without you Riley... it was horrible. I had never had so many anxiety attacks in my life. I missed you too much. You blocked me on your cellphone."

My heart dropped. "I'm sorry," I mumble.

"Why didn't he just come here himself?" Leo asked, meaning Davenport.

"I don't want to bore you with the time travel details, but mass plays into the calculations, and he did not want to write down his weight in front of me." Future Leo explained and I shivered at the thought of that call he'd shown us.

"He didn't fit into the time machine?" Leo asked, almost laughing.

"You saw that man. He doesn't fit into anything."

-

Future Leo, Leo and I walked out of the garage and into the basement. "I'm not letting you guys do this. It's too dangerous."