Chapter Four

Chapter Four

It was the next day and Leo, Adam, Bree, Chase and I were in the kitchen. Leo was preparing them some snacks.

"All right, let's make this quick so we can get out of here. Adam, for breakfast you get wheat bread and a side of sugar packets." Leo says, putting down each item for them.

"My favorite!" Adam exclaimed and started to eat.

"Bree, you get two old wings and a drumstick from the Chicken Shack." Leo shoves the food item in front of her.

"Oooh!" She says.

"And Chase, you can have the peel to my banana." Leo says, dumbing the banana peel in front of him.

"I'm not eating a banana peel." Chase protested.

"You don't eat it. You just chew it till all the flavor's gone." Leo says obviously, Chase shrugged and started to chew on it.

"Leo and Riley, what's going on?" Tasha asked as she came down into the kitchen, the three teens quickly got into their robot position.

"Mom! Look at you. In the kitchen. We are just having a healthy breakfast." Leo says, gesturing towards the robots.

"Honey, they're robots, they don't eat." Tasha says quitely.

"All right, anyway, I was thinking, today might be a good day to take them to school with us." Leo suggested.

"Yes!" Bree exclaimed, her eyes widen when she realized she was out of her robot character. "I mean, bee-dee-beep. Dee-dee-beep-beep. Beep."

"Guys, you're not taking robots to school. Your teachers already think you're a little weird." Tasha informed us.

"What makes you say that?" Leo asked, frowning.

"Because on your last progress report, it said; we think Leo's a little weird." Tasha said.

"Mom-"

"Go to school," Tasha told us and we both nodded.

"Fine." Leo agreed before turning to the three teens. "You guys stay out of trouble until I get back home. Hug it out." We all hugged it out awkwardly before we skipped off to school.

-

Leo and I ran into the house the afternoon, tired as hell. We ran from school. "Where are the robots? We ran all the way home, and we weren't even being chased!" Leo says proudly.

"Leo and Riley, the robots are gone. We just dropped them off at the recycling facility." Tasha explained and my eyes went wide.

"You what?" Leo and I said in sync.

"Yep. They're being melted down as we speak. Don't tell anybody. They're probably toxic." Mr. Davenport informed us.

"No! We have to go get them! They're not robots, they're real!" I exclaimed, worried.

"Okay, see, this is why I didn't want those things around. They're delusional." Tasha tells her husband.

"No. It's really Adam, Bree and Chase. You have to believe me! There isn't much time!" Leo rushed out.

"Guys, stop." Tasha tells us.

"Guys, when I was your age, I had to say goodbye to a lot of my friends. There was Lava Man and Stretch Legstrong and Jo Jo Biggs and all of his friends in the space cantina." Mr. Davenport tells us his sad story.

"Those are all action figures."

"More like fully poseable pieces of my heart."

-