Chapter Twenty Three

"Yes! Totally gonna make it to the final level!" Chase exclaimed as Adam, Leo, and himself were playing a game on the TV, with some weird helmets and remote control. Really though, I was just starring at Chase crying out in my mind notice me.

Then, they all die making me laugh. Chase and Adam fall on the couch next to me. Damn it, now I can't stare at Chase anymore. Leo falls on the couch too, a little way from me clearly being defeated by his game.

I've watched them play on this thing for hours. Actually, I meant, I watched Chase's back for three hours. Best thing I've watched all day.

"I just wasted three hours of my life getting to that level. I'm never playing Mental Chaos again." Leo pouted.

"Me neither." Chase agreed. No! Play again! I want to keep starring- observing your features! My mind screamed to Chase, thank goodness I didn't say that out loud on accident. My Leo and Bree are right, maybe I do have it big time for Chase.

"Me neither." Adam agreed, before they all looked at each other.

"Again!" They all cried out, they then all started playing again, jumping back up making me smile with joy. I lean back in pure joy.

"Leo, will you stop playing that game? It is nothing but a huge time-waster that is going to rot your brain." Tasha told his son.

"Couldn't agree more." I murmur, watching Chase carefully.

"Ooh, Mental Chaos! I got next!" Big D says, coming in after his wife. Big D climb on the couch, getting over to the boys making me chuckle.

"Donald! I was just telling Leo that he's playing too much." Tasha tells her husband.

"Huh, you're telling me. He almost beat my high score." Big D agreed, causing me to laugh again. Tasha glared at me, causing me to shut up.

"I'm just saying, this game is affecting him. Last week he tried to pause me. Twice!" Tasha exclaimed.

Everyone was now sitting down, Chase was sitting next to me making my stomach turn inside out. Chase and Big D both laugh and I swear I my heart stopped when I heard him laugh.

I had to force myself to look at the ground so I won't stare at Chase. "That'd really come in handy." Big D agreed, then saw the look on his wife's face that she gave him. "If it wasn't so wrong. Okay. Leo, what else are you interested in?"

They both stand up. "Well, I keep telling you I'd love to work with you in the lab." Leo tells him, which was true because at least twice a week Leo would complain to me how Big D isn't fair and not letting him work with him.

"Yeah, and I keep telling you I don't wanna die in a fiery explosion." Big D remarked, before walking back near the kitchen.

"Donald, this is perfect! Leo wants to be like you, and you love you." Tasha reminded him, making me smirk a little.

"But the lab is where I go to investigate the complex mystery that is me." Big D tells her. Chase had put an arm around me, leaned back and I snuggled into him. I like this, I like this a lot.

"Well, now you can investigate the complex mystery that is Leo." Tasha says, moving behind her son, smiling.

"I'm deep, baby," Leo commented, smiling.

"But he's gonna touch all my stuff!" Big D whined, then pauses. "Fine! You can be my... lab assistant."

"I prefer scientific liaison," Leo mentioned, yeah, he's pushing Big D's buttons.