Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Finally, today was the first day back at school making me sigh as I walked with Leo who was walking towards Janelle who sat at a desk.

"Hey, Janelle, how about that lunch special today?" Leo flirted, smiling.

"Really? That's your opener?" Janelle asked, not impressed.

"Well, I was gonna go with "Where have you been all my life?" but I'm only, like, 14, so... What are you up to?" Leo questioned, smiling.

"I'm signing people up for the annual one-on-one basketball tourney," Janelle answered.

"Ew. How'd you get stuck doing that?" Leo scrunched up his nose.

"I love basketball," Janelle commented, turning her head up to Leo.

"Well, there's a train wreck," I mutter, knowing Leo hates basketball with a passion.

"Me, too! I too love basketball. In fact, they call me "Hoop Master Leo."." Leo quickly lied.

"No, they don't." I pointed out, smiling sarcastically.

"No, they don't." Leo agreed with me. "Hey, check this out." He then threw his drink bottle, trying to do it basketball style, at a jock, aka Trent who turned around, Leo's eyes widen. "Where'd that come from? Who threw that?"

"Oh, hey, do you wanna sign up for the one-on-one tourney? We need people badly." Janelle asked a person who just completely ignored her.

"Oh. Sign me up." Leo offered, walking back over to her.

"Not that badly," Janelle said, glancing over at Leo.

I laughed. "One-on-one tourney? Don't you mean "The Trent Show"? Starring Trent... With a special appearance by... Trent." Trent says, announcing himself as he walked over.

"Trent, you're the five-time champ. I already signed you up." Janelle sighed.

"You've been in high school for five years?" I asked in disbelief, I wanted to scoff but didn't.

"No," Trent stated before counting his fingers. "Yeah. Hey, little guy... think fast!" Before faking throwing the ball at Leo and he flinched making Trent laugh.

"Okay, you got me," Leo says sarcastically, Trent's done this a million times before and it's getting old.

"Ah, that never gets old." Trent sighed.

"Yes. Yes, it does." I comment as he walked by us.

"No one's signing up for the tournament because he wins every year." Janelle pouts.

"Oh, look how sweet. He's autographing that kid's cheek." Leo commented and looked over at Trent who was literally autographing that guys cheek making Trent have a bigger ego than he already does.

"I am literally all up in your face. And I used his freckle to dot the "I."." Trent stated proudly.

"If he just spelled "Trent" with an "I," he's gonna be here a lot longer than five years," I mutter, before walking away.

-

"Ready? Okay! We're dynamite! We're dynamite! We're tick-tick-tick-tick-boom! Dynamite! We're boom! Dynamite! Whoo! Boom! Boom!" I watch Bree practice her cheerleading in the living after school.

I clapped for her, she flashed me a grin as I was lying on the couch scrolling through Instagram on my phone.

That's when Adam comes in, panting. "Bree, you scared me! I thought you blew up!" Adam laughs, grinning.