Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"What exactly are you doing?" Chase asked he walked into my messy room which I was trying to pack but I couldn't exactly bring myself to it.

"Oh, you know, just starting to pack." I wipe the tear under my eye, I've been crying for the past ten minutes, sitting alone on my bedroom floor.

Chase bends down next to me and sits next to me, looking at me softly. "Please don't cry," Chase softly said. "I'm not going to let that jerk anywhere near you, okay? That's a promise."

"I don't want to lose you," I whisper, my voice cracking a little. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I can't go down into a dark hole again."

"Hey, I'm going to do whatever it takes for Davenport to win, okay?" Chase says, wiping the tears that were currently falling, my blurry vision taking over. I took a few deep breaths, something that Leo had told me a long time ago. "And if that doesn't work, we'll kidnap you."

I let out a small laugh. "Sounds like a plan." He then kissed me, smiling.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you, I promise,"

-

We were now at the race track, checking out Davenport's sick new stock car that he's freshly brought. "Sweet ride, Big D." Leo grinned as Davenport walked over to us. "For a second there I forgot you weren't cool."

Davenport glared at him. "Yeah, a guy with a huge ego and a sport where they put your name and face and everything," Bree commented. "Huh, it is a perfect match."

"Are you sure you're gonna able to beat Pierce?" Chase asked, a little worried and puts his hands on my waist. "I mean, you have no stock car experience, not to mention, you get car sick going to the store."

"Please," Davenport scoffed. "Look at this track. Even Adam can drive in a circle."

"But this is an oval." Adam pointed out, sounding upset. "And those terrify me."

"Driving in a circle gets expediently harder 100 miles per hour," Chase added.

"Plus, no bathroom breaks," Adam said. He then brought out a bucket. "You're gonna need this."

"Guys, don't worry about this, I've spent hundreds of hours training in a stock car simulator I hired the best pit crew in town, I got this!" Davenport listed.

"Well, Davenport, we just wanted to wish you luck," Pierce says, walking over to our side of the pit stop.

"You're gonna need against our driver," Clayton says cockily, and they both chuckle.

"Driver?" Davenport repeated.

"Yeah, I said we'd race, I never said I'd be the one driving," Pierce smirks. "Joey?" That's not who I think it is. Joey fucking Logano then hopes out of the car making my mouth drop.

"That's your driver?" Davenport scoffed. "When does he get his learners permit?" I smacked Davenport as hard as I could and he yelped.

"That's Joey Logano!" I squeal, jumping over to Leo, his eyes were huge as well. "Joey Logano is standing right there!"

"I'm guessing she's a fan?" Bree asked, looking over at Leo.

"Big fan," Leo added.

I couldn't stop staring at Joey, what the hell? How does he look hotter in real life than he does on TV?

"Hello, boyfriend needs attention," Chase whined by my side and I smacked his chest with one hand, still staring at Joey.

"Yeah, whatever," I remark. I'm about to have a fuckin panic attack. If this is a dream, I never want to wake up.