Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

"Hey, did you guys know that we had a study abroad program?" Bree and I had come over to the boys at school in the main halls the next week at school.

"Why would I go to another country to do something I don't do here?" Adam looked over at us.

Bree unfolds the pamphlet. "Look, it says you get to spend a whole semester at a high school in Australia. And guess what? I applied!"

"Cool! Kelly Porter went last year." Leo informed her. "She got a sucker-punched by a kangaroo!"

"Well, all right. I guess we're going to Australia then." Adam decided.

"Uh, no, no, no." Bree cuts him off. "No way, this is my thing. I can finally be on my own, I can study, travel, make new friends."

"I hate to be a wet blanket," Chase cuts her off.

"No, you don't," Leo shakes his head.

Chase gave him a look. "But Mr. Davenport is never gonna let you do this. You can't go on missions if you're halfway across the world."

"Well, sure I can." Bree begins. "I mean, I haven't figured out all the details yet, but there's gotta be a way to make it work."

"Not unless these two can unlock a new ability to make up for you not being here." Leo adds and my face lights up.

"Hey, maybe you should go! I'll be the new Bree!" I tell her. "I have super speed and all your abilities combined, I've got this."

Chase looked at me. "May I remind you that Mr. Davenport doesn't think your field ready yet?"

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "I'm so field ready, we've been training a lot together and he keeps complimenting on my good work."

"Ooh!" Adam jumps up. "Maybe I can unlock a new ability where I can disappear and reappear somewhere else. Let me try." He then grunts as hard as he could in a squat position, closing his eyes. He opened them. "Did it work?"

"You didn't do it long enough." Chase quickly said. "Try it again, this time more grunting." He then grunts harder and that's when Chase made us move behind Adam.

He opened up his eyes and looked behind him. "You did it!" I yelled out happily, laughing at his excited face and Bree lets out a cheer.

-

"Bree, is there something you wanna tell me?" Davenport had came into the lounge, where Adam, Bree, and I were sitting eating some popcorn.

"I got this." Adam tells her and stands up with the popcorn and faces Davenport. "Look, we all like you, but we think Tasha could've done better."

With that, Adam left to the kitchen and Davenport walked towards Bree. "I just got a phone call that said you'd been accpected to study in Australia."

"What?" Bree stands up. "That's crazy! Did they mention what day I'm leaving?"

"You're not going." Davenport scoffs.

"Why?" Bree demands.

"Come on, Bree, it was obvious." My boyfriend states from the kitchen. "Even Adam saw that one coming."

Adam turns around from the fridge. "No idea what you're talking about, already moved on to cold cuts." He shuts the fridge.

"You can't abandon the team." Davenport points out. "What if Adam and Chase picked up and left for a month?"

"I'll carry the team!" I cried out excitedly, jumping up from the couch and raising my hand.

Davenport turns to me. "You're not field ready."