Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"Listen up, space wasters! I've installed a new surveillance system. And FYI, this total invasion of your privacy comes courtesy of the one and only Leo Dooley! Perry airlines cleared for takeoff!" Perry had annouced in the hallways the same day, Bree, Leo and I watch her as had set down the hive on the table.

"Oh no," I murmur next to Leo, watching her play with the fly. Everyone was glaring at Leo.

"If you're experiencing mild turbulence, it's because we're passing over the rockies! Whoops. Those aren't mountains, those are pimples!" Perry comments as she snoops around students with the fly spy. She laughs. "To your right, we see Lindsay Hoffman writing in her oh-so-private diary! What? Lindsay has a crush on Timmy Newcastle? I think I'll go tell him. Whoops! I think I just did! Good luck!"

Perry then wandered off, that evil woman. I felt bad for Lindsay. "Perry left the charging hive." Leo stated but before Leo could get to it, Bree used her super speed and snatched it from the table, smirking at her step-brother. "Now, Bree-- Bree. Think about what you're doing. If you give that to Perry, she can recharge the fly and my life will be over, everyone will hate me."

"I think that's the point," I tell Leo and Bree nods, speeding next to me and smiled proudly.

"That's the plan." Bree agreed and placed an arm on my shoulder.

That's when Leo and Bree did a tug a war, making me roll my eyes but my eyes widen when the hatch comes off and the fly's all come out. All of the students were running, trying to get away from the swap of fly.

"See what happens when you don't let me cheat off either one of you?" Leo asks us, I rolled my eyes and shake my head. How are we gonna get rid of these flys without killing off Davenport's invention? "How am I gonna get all these flies back?"

"I don't know. And also, I don't care." Bree smiled. That's when Perry came back in from the cafeteria.

"Dooley! Your stupid toy's messed up!" Perry complained and I rolled my eyes at her and crossed my arms. "Uhh! Where did these come from? I haven't seen this many flies since I thought my cat took a five-day nap." Perry had chucked Leo the watch and he caught it. "I'll open the door."

"No!" Leo quickly stepped in front of Perry, not allowing her to move past him. "They're my step-dad's! I can't lose them!"

"That door is opening whether you're in the way or not. I just need a running start." Perry tells us and I sighed. This is going to end up bad.

"Can't we just talk this out like civilized-" Leo then screamed as Perry started to charge for him. And he quickly stepped out of the way and next to me, Perry was now in the swap of flys. They were all attacking her, not surprised though. Perry was screaming and running away making me frown. "Bree, I can't get all these flies back without your help."

"No problem. Just tell Perry you cheated." Bree states, crossing her arms.

"Really? You're still on that?" Leo remarked.

"Yep. Looks like you're stuck, Leo." Bree smirks.

""Stuck." That's it!" Leo figured.

-

A few minutes later Leo was painting fly paper on the wall that had a homecoming dance poster on it. "The best way to catch a fly is with flypaper," Leo explained to us.

"Leo, that'll never work. They're not real flies." I reminded Leo as Bree stands next to me.

"Sharp turns! Sharp turns! Aaah!" Perry comes in screaming, and that's when she was glued to the wall making me giggle. "I'm stuck." Perry murmurs.