Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"Great work. Flawless execution. Now that is how you lead a mission." Mr. Davenport congratulated the team, (Adam, Bree, and Chase) as they walked in. Finally, after hours of doing a mission, they were home safe.

Chase then walked over to me, grinning and he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me and I, of course, hugged back. We pulled back from the hug. We did a quick kiss so nobody would groan about us doing PDA in front of them.

"Why, thank you." Chase grinned, and I turned to stand next to him with his arm wrapped around my shoulder, they were all in their cool mission suits.

"I was talking about me." I rolled my eyes at Davenport, pointing to himself, of course, he was. "But every Olympic podium needs a bronze and a silver, so."

"Whoo-hoo! I medaled!" Adam cheered, throwing his arms up in the air. He then punched Davenport accidentally too hard and sent him flying to the sliding doors, making cringed as Davenport's back hits the wall and he slides down it.

"Don't look at us." Bree says, Davenport was looking at us. "You're the one that gave super strength to a box of rocks."

"Hey, guys," Leo says, entering the lab and completely walking by Davenport and walked over to us. "How'd the mission go?"

"Great. We fixed the Pentagon's communication satellite and returned it to orbit." Bree explained.

"I even rigged it so we get every TV channel in the world! Who wants to watch Guatemalan drag racing?!" Chase added excitedly, making me giggle.

"Did my suggestions come in handy on the mission?" Leo smiled, making the other three frown.

"What suggestions?" Chase asks.

"I did a ton of strategic research and gave it to Big D." Leo pointed at Big D who was now at the computer, typing things up and he walked over to him.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry, Leo. I didn't have time to use it." Mr. Davenport obviously lied.

"Yes, you did. You spilled your coffee and used Leo's research to mop it up." Adam says, as we all walked over to where Leo and Davenport were.

"You used my suggestions as a sponge?" Leo asks, narrowing his eyes at Davenport.

"More like a paper towel. But it was very absorbent." Davenport tells him. I fold my arms. "Why don't you guys go clear out the rest of your gear."

The three nods and Chase quickly pecked my lips before leaving with his siblings. "We need to talk. I'm done being the water boy. I wanna be a part of the team." Leo tells Davenport.

"Leo, I told you, you can't be part of the team. You're not bionic. And besides, statistics show that most accidents happen within a three-mile radius of you." Davenport remarked.

"But I've grown. I've matured. I wear medium now." Leo smoothly says, pointing his hand on the cyber desk. "Look, I know I can't go on missions, but I can help you in other ways. You keep ignoring me!"

"Hmm? I'm sorry." Davenport looked at Leo and I scoffed. "You know what? Maybe there is a way you can help out around here."

"Finally. Thank you." Leo genuinely says.

Davenport then puts a bunch of files onto the desk that was contained in a box. "Here. You can type up the mission summary reports."

"You want me to be your secretary?" Leo asks, clearly not happy about it.

"No. Secretaries get paid. You'd be doing this for free." Davenport smiled, before walking off.

"Good luck, Leo." I say, patting his shoulder before going to the elevator to go upstairs.