Chapter 5: Shattered Dreams

The next day went by pretty fast, I got up and went to work. The others and myself cleaned up the Healing wings building before we go to go home. I admit I was dreading going home. It meant I would have to get myself mentally ready to deal with that Yoongi guy. That dream kept me from having yet another night of peaceful rest, I really think I shouldn't stress over the violin. Either of them, the one that's smashed, or the one that's been haunting my dreams. I opened the door to the apartment and noticed a small box that I nearly tripped over. Picking it up I looked at who it was to and where it came from. It turned out to be something for my aunt so I sent her a quick message and put it in her closet for safe keeping. 

After a quick shower I tried to see what I had to wear. It was warm out so nothing too heavy was needed. I tossed on my plain white chanel t-shirt and some jeans. Both were past christmas presents from my aunt and uncle. I put on my socks and sneakers and grabbed my hoodie just in case. After a quick check to make sure I had my keys and everything, I left and made my way to see Mr. Min Yoongi. I enjoyed the fresh air and checked my phone to make sure I put the pictures of my violin where I could get to them fast and easy.

The guard from before, Han just smiled at greeted me as I entered the building. 

"Hello again Miss." He chuckled a bit.

"Hey, Han wasn't it?" I bowed and he did the same. "I promise I won't cry this time." I smiled and he laughed.

"That's quite alright miss. I've been instructed to show you the way up to Mr. Min's office." He gestured to the elevator and I followed him. Good to know I wasn't going to be automatically thrown off the grounds. As Han pressed the numbered button 8, my heart started to beat nervously. I could almost feel the anxiety swelling inside me. Why was I so nervous? We stood in silence while the elevator made its way up. The doors opened and Han stepped out, I followed quietly as we walked down a long hall. At the end were two large wooden doors, Han looked to the left where a secretary was seated at her desk. She nodded to Han and pressed something on her desk. A button maybe? Han knocked on the doors one and then opened them. 

We stepped inside a rather nice office, large but a somewhat homely feel. Maybe it was because there was a living room like area to the left when we walked in. Also a little kitchen area with a table. Did he.... did he live here? I mean this place was bigger than my aunts, there were two doors to the right and one on the far left. We walked forward and Han stopped and bowed at the man sitting in his chair behind his desk.

"Miss Lyra, Sir." Han smiled as he turned to me.

"Thanks, that will be all Han." Yoongi sounded distant and distracted. I held my hoodie in my arms and took one step closer as Han left the room, closing the door behind him. The sound the doors made was quite intimidating to be honest, and made me jump a little.

"Glad I wasn't instantly removed. Heh.." I half chuckled, the nervous feeling got a little worse when he glanced up to look at me. His black framed glasses slipping down his nose slightly. I guess I never really looked at him before but he had such beautiful skin, soft looking. His eyes were intimidating yet there was some warmth in them. He had on a nice black suit and tie, I admit he always seemed to be dressed impressively. I couldn't break my gaze from his until he looked back at the papers in front of him.

"You can sit." He spoke somewhat quietly but I was able to hear him enough. I took a seat in one of the big chairs, keeping my hoodie resting in my lap. I folded my hands and waited for him to say anything else. After all he was the one who invited me here to straighten this out.

"So you believe I broke your violin, and now you want money for it? You expect me to write you a check for some amount, so what? So you can pay off a loan? Rent? Other bills? Or are you planning to play the good samaritan card and once I hand over a check you're going to hand it back and feed me a line about how all you wanted was an apology, and for me to listen to your music?" His tone was cold again, but that isn't what caught me off guard. It was his words. Did he really think that's what people do? scheme and plan disgraceful things like this?