Chapter 14: Crescendo

His lips felt like velvet against mine, so soft. This wasn't just a kiss that spoke of our love, he was in need and so was I. How could I continue like this without telling him though? If I let this go where it was going and waited till after then surely he'd be more than angry. No he won't be angry, he needs this as much as you do Lyra... Ugh no! I won't lie to him like that and pretend everything is great.

After the argument in my head I pulled away from Yoongi's hungry kiss. He looked at me slightly confused.

"We need to talk.... Seriously." I said breathing deeply. His demeanor changed. He set me down and he crossed his arms over his chest. Standing there I looked into his eyes, I could tell he was annoyed. I turned on my heels and walked over to the couch, taking a seat and leaving space for him. He just stood there, not saying anything though.

"My Aunt will be back the day after tomorrow.... Early in the morning. She said she will do her best to not wake me when she comes in." My voice was calm but his expression fell. I could almost feel his sadness. He went to open his mouth to speak but I knew if I didn't say what I needed to then I might never say it.

"I don't have to leave. However this place is too small for the two of us..." I looked down and swallowed the lump that was in my throat as I thought about what I had to say next.

"That's great news! You can just live with me." Yoongi's voice broke me from my own concentration. Oh no... no no don't say those kinds of things Yoongi...

"No.. I mean.. There's still more to say.." I knew my voice gave away my sadness, the feeling of dread that washed over me. How to say this.. He sat down beside me and placed his hand on mine. Come on Lyra just tell him, just tell him....

"I got a phone call from the Philharmonic Symphony Society of New York. Before I came here I applied but thought I'd have no chance in hell... well.. I got an audition for one of their programs." I weakly stated. I was suppose to be excited but here I was feeling rather depressed. This would mean I'd have to leave here... to leave him. I looked into his eyes trying to figure out what he was thinking. He looked sad but there was a smile on his face. After moments of silence that seemed like hours, he finally spoke.

"That's great news. I'm so proud of you." He spoke calmly and pulled me close to him, embracing me tightly in his arms. I couldn't believe he was just hugging me, I was torturing myself all day and he just... smiles... and hugs me?

"what the hell?" I didn't even realize the words left my lips. And the next thing I know I'm pulling away from him and standing, turned towards him. I was angry... and I let that emotion take over.

"That's all you have to say? You do know what this means right? I should take the opportunity... I NEED to take this opportunity." I stared at him, my tone irritated and slightly hurt. I don't really know what I wanted him to say or do.. but a hug and saying that it was great news?

"I know. I understand." He said rather plainly. What the hell?

"Look I'm not saying I'm not sad. How long is the program?" He stood and reached his arm out to me placing his hand on my shoulder. I was stunned, how was he this calm?

"The program is for 6 months, with audition to join the philharmonic at the end of the 6 month workshop. And if I pass the audition... I'll be in the philharmonic orchestra. I may start off as second string but I can work my way up to first string first chair....." I trailed off. My eyes on his trying to read some expression. I knew he wasn't great at expressing himself but this was a bit hurtful. He looked... fine. Normal even. What the actual fuck?