Chapter 6: Strings

The next day I made my way to meet Yoongi. I couldn't think of any reason not to go and hope he meant what he said about seeing if his person he knew could fix my violin. I was carrying it in the case with me when I rounded the corner of his building and noticed the driver from last night, Mr. Kim was there standing near the car. I glanced toward the doors of the building to see Han escorting Yoongi, who locked eyes with me immediately and smiled slightly. He wasn't wearing his normal suit and tie, but jeans and a nice shirt with a blazer. 

"You're on time, that's a relief." He smirked and I nodded.

"Despite you thinking I'm crazy, I've always been on time or early to things." I bowed to Han and smiled as I noticed he was smiling at my words. "Good morning Han." I smiled brightly at the kind guard. 

"Good morning miss Lyra." He beamed.

"Huh, you might be on time but manners seems to not be your thing.." Yoongi stood there crossing his arms and looking at me as if waiting for something. I tried not to giggle but I couldn't help it.

"I'm sorry, have we met?" I joked while tilting my head at Yoongi. He rolled his eyes and walked closer to the car.

"Yup, you're crazy." He sighed and opened the car door. "Get in." I smiled and walked over to him, holding in a bit of a laugh.

"Good morning, and thank you." I smiled at him as I got into the car, sliding all the way to the other side and placing my violin in my lap. Yoongi got in next to me and shut the door. After we buckled up the car started moving. I didn't know where we were going but we passed many shops. The ride was silent most of the time, with Yoongi only answering his phone and chatting briefly. He seemed very busy and distracted, I looked at him a few times and honestly he seemed stressed. 

The car pulled up to a music shop, Mr. Kim went to get out but Yoongi motioned for him to stay put. I went to open my door but it was suddenly opened for me and Yoongi held his hand out. It caught me off guard but then I realized he was waiting for me to hand him the violin. So I did, and he didn't move and kept the door open for me. I got out and looked at the entrance to the shop, it was cute. Had some music note mobiles in the windows with some stands and instruments on display.  Yoongi headed past me to the door and held it open.

"Well?" He motioned for me to go ahead. I honestly was busy staring a this man who seemed to be a completely different person than previous times I've been near him. I nodded and walked into the shop. My eyes widened seeing so many instruments and accessories. I started to drift toward the violins hanging on the back wall, next to them were electric violins and my heart started to pound wildly. This was my heaven, I could live here and die a happy woman.

"Ah! Mr. Min. Good to see you, what can I help you with today?" A tall older man came from the side room behind the front counter. He seemed very familiar with Yoongi so I assumed this is the friend he knew who might be able to fix my violin. 

"I hate to trouble you Maxwell but I've got a slight emergency." Yoongi smiled at the man and set my violin case up on the counter. He opened it and turned it around to face the man.

"Ouch... Yoongi.." Maxwell carefully looked over the violin. His facial expressions looked painful, like he could feel the hurt my violin had been through. I walked closer and Yoongi put his hand on my shoulder and smiled at the man.

"Max, this is Lyra. She's the owner of the violin. I hope there's something you could do? Is it savable? It means a lot to her." Yoongi's voice was soft and sweet. I couldn't help but stare at him in amazement. He was so different, he'd never touched me and here he was with his hand on my shoulder like we were good friends. My heart was beating a little faster than normal but I assumed it was still from all the pretty violins on the wall.