Chapter 24: Broken

We spent that evening talking about anything other than what had happened. Namjoon and Yoongi decided to get two rooms at a nearby hotel, Yoongi asked me to come to the hotel with him for a while at least. He wasn't pressuring me to stay the night with him, not that I didn't want to. I wanted to, it had been so long since I had seen him, I missed him. As we were about to leave a nurse came in and got Addie's attention, they both motioned toward me and I stepped out into the hallway. Yoongi and Namjoon followed me out. Two police officers stood in the hall, one with a pen and pad in his hand. The nurse let us talk in private, as she turned and went back the nurses station at the other end of the hallway. I motioned for the officers to step away from my mother's door. We stood a little further down the hall by some chairs. The officers started the conversation.

"Miss Walsh, your house is in severe damage. You're mother's name is on the deed correct?" The tall tanned skinned officer with a short scruffy beard asked. I nodded.

"Yes, Officer. It's her home. But she's unwell right now."

"Okay well if you can get power of attorney you can fill out all the insurance claims. Or just explain things to your mother and have her sign the papers. The fire is fully out so you can go in and see if anything you want is still there, the second floor took the most damage, the first floor is mostly all together, aside from scorch markings on the bottom stairs, and in the ceiling of the kitchen." He said and I nodded again.

"I'll go over tomorrow and see if there's anything of my mom's left." I looked at Addie who nodded in agreement.

"We still need your statement though about what happened." He said and I sighed heavily. I knew it, I tried not to think about it, but somewhere I thought it was strange they never got my statement.

"I was honestly passed out. I had a bit of an anxiety attack. I had found out my.... That man was let out on parole. I was stressed, and I had an attack." I said, Yoongi wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me for support. It calmed me, I was able to focus and continue as the officer with the pen and pad was writing down what I said.

"I remember hearing something, but I was still out of it. And then I heard Addie's voice, and maybe her girlfriend Stephie's voice. I know I felt myself being lifted. I also felt pain on my head. I really didn't realize what had happened until I got outside and they put me in the back of Addie's car. I was able to breath and I looked at my house. I remember asking why my house was on fire. Addie and Steph told me who it was, he had broken into my home before too. He left a message upstairs for my mother and myself maybe." My voice got more and more shaky as I continued.

"He doesn't know my mother's here, he's going to try to kill her... he tried to kill me and I wouldn't put it past him to continue to try." I looked up at both officers and they nodded.

"Is there any place you can stay where he won't be able to find you?" The other officer said. Namjoon spoke up them.

"She will be with her boyfriend, my friend there beside her. He doesn't speak English much but We'll both look after her till her mother is released. Her Aunt wants her and her mother to come to Korea, where she lives." He spoke and the officers nodded.

"Let us know when that happens, we don't have enough proof right now to put your father in jail Miss Walsh. However, this is an open case and we will continue to look into this. If something else happens, do not hesitate to call." He looked at Namjoon and then at Addie and Yoongi. They all nodded. Both officers wished us a good evening and left the four of us in the hall. Yoongi pulled me to him and I wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed my head against his chest. I took a few deep breaths, taking in his scent. It was calming.